project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Jack.DK

Default How do you get someone to surrender?

Maybe it is just me, who is a complete NOOB but can you get someone to surrender?

(GoM)Jack7.dk (not me on the picture) Danish soldiers on patrol
Jack.DK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Solid Knight
Default Re: How do you get someone to surrender?

You have to be close to them and point the weapon at their back.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
NyteMyre

Even when I got someone pointing a gun in my back, i'll still try to shoot them.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Jack.DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
You have to be close to them and point the weapon at their back.
And then they stay in that surrender mode? all faktions ? or just civils

Your taking piss on me?

(GoM)Jack7.dk (not me on the picture) Danish soldiers on patrol
Jack.DK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

There is no 'surrender' in PR.

The civilian has the option to place their hands up to show the blufor that they are not an Insurgent and as such cannot be shot but only restrained (using the restrainer tool)

Some people may 'surrender' on conventional maps (NOT Insurgency) but there is no point as you can only kill them, but the enemy might see it as 'oh herrrrrr look guys hes surrendering lets treat him like a real prisoner' but in fact its the squad doing it that are the idiots as it takes them off the battlefield.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
but in fact its the squad doing it that are the idiots as it takes them off the battlefield.
When I used to play PR I always put fun first as a Squad Leader. Sure, winning the team is fun, and teamwork is also very cool, but who told you that rescue ops are always a joke?

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

sneak up behind them with the knife/bayonet give and couple of jabs and just miss them. They are sure to crap their pants and surrender!
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

best thing we did. I was playing on RT mumble... when it was around.. and I was squad leading. My squad captured a surrendered insurgent and I was talking to him on mumble about where the actual cache was.. He said something that I knew wasn't correct... so I just stared at him with my pistol out at his head. I yelled "tell me!" and he lied again.. I'm like "who has restrainers?" and he crapped his pants XD then we restrained him and he wasn't happy :P

Killing the enemy sylently
[R-CON]sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
best thing we did. I was playing on RT mumble... when it was around.. and I was squad leading. My squad captured a surrendered insurgent and I was talking to him on mumble about where the actual cache was.. He said something that I knew wasn't correct... so I just stared at him with my pistol out at his head. I yelled "tell me!" and he lied again.. I'm like "who has restrainers?" and he crapped his pants XD then we restrained him and he wasn't happy :P
No offense but that shows that it was a complete waste of time. Things should be kept strictly business, he loses nothing if he doesn't tell you other than his life (which he was going to lose anyway when you killed him)

If a 'captured' Insurgent tells you where the cache is then he shouldn't be on that side, its hard enough for them already without someone giving away cache locations for their own personal 'fun'.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
AgentMongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
No offense but that shows that it was a complete waste of time. Things should be kept strictly business, he loses nothing if he doesn't tell you other than his life (which he was going to lose anyway when you killed him)

If a 'captured' Insurgent tells you where the cache is then he shouldn't be on that side, its hard enough for them already without someone giving away cache locations for their own personal 'fun'.
Lighten up. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
surrender