project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

View Poll Results: Your opinion on the new 0.9 rally point change?
I love it 80 35.56%
I like it but it has issues [explain] 13 5.78%
I like it but the community is having a hard time using it 34 15.11%
Whatever, the game evolves every version 29 12.89%
I dont like it and the community is having a hard time using it 40 17.78%
I dont like it at all [explain] 4 1.78%
I hate it, it doesnt work, destroys gameplay [explain] 25 11.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Your opinion on the new 0.9 rally point change?

So it seem as a few totally mucked up the original because they cannot read, here is the new one.

This poll doesn't represent the community as a whole and does not sway the DEV's decisions. It only serves as a place to voice your opinions of the new rally point system. And really you can bitch and complain but this is really only a place to express your opinions.

Keep it civil, keep it relevant, keep it sourced.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by Dunehunter; 03-04-2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
jermaindefoe
Banned
Default Re: Your opinion on the new 0.9 rally point change?

well i voted for the last option and ill say why. The fact is that PR is just a game and we all play games to have fun. The thing that makes PR different from the rest is that a great deal of teamwork is required for you to be successful ingame. This means in a firefight you're more effective as a squad and i also think it's more fun fighting in a squad in which you can communicate with others.

The new rally system means that as soon as 2 or 3 people in the squad die then the firefight must end as you look to bring your mates back into the game. What was great about the old system was that the firefights went on continuously because each team would be getting reinforcements from each rally. The reinforcements could be stopped with a well executed flanking maneuvre and this made the game fun and firefights worth doing.

What happens now is 2 or 3 people die the squad moves back and lays a rally and the firefight has stopped. What happens most of the time is that squads are killed trying to retreat anyway. This means that a squad has to run 200m+ before they reach some more action. On other maps such as kashan it can be up to 1000m for infantry. This isnt what i would call fun.

Therefore lonewolfing happens more because people get fed up waiting 5mins while the squadleader dies along with the rest of the squad- finally after that they can regroup. This is no fun so people just run off. I have seen much less teamplay in 0.9

Ideally i would like things to go back to the way they were. However i know many would disagree. So i would say as a compromise servers should have the option of softcore and hardcore gamemodes. Hardcore would consist of the spawnsystem we have now and softcore the spawnsystem we had in the last release.

Sorry about the text block :P
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Your opinions, no matter how long are welcomed. Hence the reason for a thread like this.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

I feel that it works well in large open maps where squads need to stick together anyway, however i feel on city maps it is annoying and ruins firefights, i also feel the new system leads to alot of firebase camping and the like.

It is good in princaple and you do see many more FOBs which is good, but in general i don't think it works with the community.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Zach1923

I love it. It makes players think more before charging into the field. You have to be more tactical about your decisions. Squads are more likely to break contact, and make for a different approach.

Also, it puts more focus on the importance of establishing an FOB.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
clueless_noob

I hate it, ruins game play.

I thought one important funcion of rally points was to give an impression that there is more people in the fight than just one 6 men squad? If it looks like new grunts are pouring out of a building in a constant stream, maybe it's because IRL one battle, or even single firefight, takes lots more troops than a squad or two.

With a rally point, one squad could make a strong presence in a area that needs to be attacked/defended. Not every footprint will or even can be fortified with firebases and razorwires, especially if an unit have to be on the move. I think IRL it's more common to run into enemy platoon or company, than just one squad, when moving in hostile areas.

So rally point is actually a power multiplier, which is much needed in a game with 64 player limit on a 16 square kilometer map.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
salisbury595

Send a message via AIM to salisbury595 Send a message via Yahoo to salisbury595

I voted.... I dont like it and the community is having a hard time using it.

The new rally system causes gameplay to be replaced with random wondering/lonewolfing. Enough said.

"I'm Just a squirrel trying to get a nut... or an Improvised Explosive Device"

"IED... is that like ADD?"
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

^yup, the amount of lone wolfs has increased dramatically this release people are not inclined to care or work with squads as much anymore, the benefits of being able to spawn on their positions readily are no longer there.

It takes away the reward of being a squad member, too much walking involved now, so people instead just say screw it and do their own things solo which are more rewarding for them personally. Not all of them of course, just more than before.

My opinion anyway. I have seen team play take a hit this release in general. I only play insurgency and militia AAS but I have been encountering many more loners.
Last edited by TristanYockell; 03-05-2010 at 12:59 AM..
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
Chris_Redfield09

I think overall players in general get more frustrated with the new system. We've become accustomed to having a rally point a few meters away from the our squad and it makes game play more convenient. I'm sure we've all died, looked at the map and said "wow wish that rally was still there" So in the end I feel it leaves unprepared players much more frustrated with the game, which can have a negative effect on gamer interest. I do like the intent of the new rally system although I think it needs to be fine tuned some more.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #10
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

The new rally system has not improved teamwork.... unfortunately.
Closed Thread

Tags
change, opinion, point, rally