project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Skull
Default Settle Time (of assault rifles)

By the last few weeks (since i joined the discussions on the forum) i heared the same thing again and again:
The settle time of every assault rifle and a bit from the others is absolutly annoying and unrealistic.
I'm talking about the time you need to get a shot with minimum deviation after moving more than like 5 seconds.
And i tend to agree to that opinion. A trained soldier - in my country at least - should be able to put a precise shot down range of at least 50 meters in less than 2 seconds, 3 at a maximum.
Im either too supid to start a poll or i simply dont have the rights to. I'd really like to have a poll on either decreasing, increasing (with various amounts) or simply let it be the way it is.

PS: im not sure if this is a suggestion, it might be, but i dont think so...
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Riflewizard
Default Re: Settle Time (of assault rifles)

In my experience, at the range your saying i find it most effective to spray on full auto with iron sights.. PR is kinda weird
Riflewizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Crouching is meant to give you better deviation than going prone now, although personally im yet to see it. Either way, I knida have to agree that it does look ridiculous sometimes just sitting there looking at your enemy 20m away both know that if you shoot you are are going to miss. But we all know, there is little alternative that the engine can provide and this deviation is good for longer range engagement, its just kinda strange in very close combat.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Phantom2

Yeah, I know I hate the settle time of assault rifles. Though I love Ironsights they seem to have less deviation if you burst fire than scope.
Phantom2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

Yeah I must agree, sometimes at close ranges I just go "how the hell did I possibly miss at this range"...

Now I don't even bother waiting for settle at close ranges, I just unload the whole mag at them and hopefully hit them by possibility. I usualy get wounded or die when waiting for any kind of accuracy.
TristanYockell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
theiceman

yea i agree, iron sights seem to have less devitation. But if the deviation was 2-3 it would be realistic at short range, but at long that would be too quick. would be best if the "circle" of divitation would shrink fast to a point then slowly close all the way...but im pretty sure thats hard coded

Through Superior Firepower
theiceman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
tim8002

I agree, it's alittle too long... Change it from 5 to 3.5 or something, just so it's balanced for both long and short range.

tim8002 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Lange

Send a message via AIM to Lange Send a message via MSN to Lange

Yeah I tend to have to agree with this. Aiming with optics at long range is a serious pain and I can never seem to do it as my bullets just always miss but the other guy just nails me like its nothing. Really frustrating.

Then at close range, I can never hit anything with any real accuracy. I can have a guy walking in front of my 20 meters away but miss him completely on automatic fire if I have not settled for the 5 seconds, or maybe just barely kill him when im on the last few bullets of a remaining clip. To be true this isn't realistic at all, in Real Life a trained soldier should be able to nail bullets in a close vicinity at 20 meters without them going rampet. I've also had instances where i've been up close with a PKM undeployed when i've went prone and missed a guy a few meet away completely. Really sucks.

For the worst i've had a few times where i've shot at a guy at then hip within 10 meters and missed every shot and just get killed. Very frustrating and shouldn't be like that either.

In conclusion i think the deviation system does bring a lot of realism at longer ranges and such and could just be my bad luck with optics but having to stop for 5 seconds at any range to get any sort of good accuracy really causes a frustrating experience.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

i know the feeling of annoyance when you miss at close range. but it ultimately comes down to us having decided that even though the engine does not feature fatique, wind, drag, gravity and weapon sway it should not mean that you should be able to place a shot in no time at far ranges.
you can not within 2 seconds expect to hit an enemy dead on at far ranges. sadly we can not have different deviation rules for ranges and neither can we have any of the stuff i said about (which doesn't matter in cqb)
but do you want very good cqb and then have really bad long range combat, or a mix of the two where the overall combat is more realistic, but sacrificing a bit on the cqb side.
if we could have fatigue, wind and all that stuff i assure you that we would have both things properly done, but at the moment it is just not possible without turning this game into another game with arcade qcb characteristics

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
Trooper909

Am i the only one who liked the old settle times and deviation better?
Quit whining you get allmost 100% accuracy with an m4 now settletime is now the only thing gunwise that seperates this from COD style twich games.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assault, rifles, settle, time