project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
tryznius
Default Best way to start playing

So im thinking about starting to play PR and have a few questions :

Can anyone give good tips for the start ?

How is the community ? Is it "noob friendly" ?
tryznius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
lucidrians

Default Re: Best way to start playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryznius View Post
Is it "noob friendly" ?
Not really.
lucidrians is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Proceed

Quote:

Hey welcome to the forums !
For the beginning I recommend to read the pr manual, almost everything is explained in it.
The first game should be played on a coop server ( kind of a test server ), after done some testing of the know how you have read in the manual, you can start playing on a normal server, try to stay infanty at the beginning, and just tell you squad leader that you are new to the game, so he wont give you hardcored tasks, the community is totaly "noob freindly".

Cheers Proceed

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
Not really.
I can not confirm that ...
Proceed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
tryznius

Thank you very much , Proceed. Ill set it to download tonight and will try co-op tomorrow .
Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Pedz
Supporting Member

Quote:

You could try asking around here (as you are) and ask for a bit of training. I myself would be more than happy to give you a bit of training on a public server (so your right there in the thick of it :P) but you will need a microphone to play this game in the most fun way =]

The game is noob friendly as long as you don't go round acting pro =]

Some things to steer clear of until you know what your doing with them:

Sniper (It is harder than you think..)
Flying anything.. (it just won't work until youve been taught the basics atleast :P)
Heavy AT(Hard to get used to but easy to learn... and a valuable asset)
Squad leading(Only until you roughly know what your doing and have confidence in what your doing and how to react to the opposition =] )

Follow those and people should be more friendly. Also announce your new to the game, most people (i hope...) will try to help you.

As Unreal Tournament 3 wisely says "Practice good sportsmanship, you where a N00B once too you know.."
=] Hope you have fun on PR, its a great game tactically once you get used to it ofc :P

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
tryznius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedz View Post
You could try asking around here (as you are) and ask for a bit of training. I myself would be more than happy to give you a bit of training on a public server (so your right there in the thick of it :P) but you will need a microphone to play this game in the most fun way =]

The game is noob friendly as long as you don't go round acting pro =]

Some things to steer clear of until you know what your doing with them:

Sniper (It is harder than you think..)
Flying anything.. (it just won't work until youve been taught the basics atleast :P)
Heavy AT(Hard to get used to but easy to learn... and a valuable asset)
Squad leading(Only until you roughly know what your doing and have confidence in what your doing and how to react to the opposition =] )

Follow those and people should be more friendly. Also announce your new to the game, most people (i hope...) will try to help you.

As Unreal Tournament 3 wisely says "Practice good sportsmanship, you where a N00B once too you know.."
=] Hope you have fun on PR, its a great game tactically once you get used to it ofc :P
Thank you too kind man

Yep , i have mic ready for these kind of games.
I never act pro : i know my abilities and i know how to listen . I always try my best , but not always succeed .

I would be more than happy to get training from other players :P
Old 02-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Heres another little tip. This is something that I see even veterans doing wrong many times and it annoys the hell out of me.

When you join a server, first thing you must do is join a squad. Do this before you spawn. Once you have joined a squad, look on the map to see where your squad leader is. He can be identifed by a large green number on the map, the number corresponding to the number of the squad you joined. {You probably already knew that if you were a vanilla player} Unlike vanilla BF2, in PR you cannot spawn on the squad leader. But heres the point of my post, spawn AS CLOSE to the squadleader as possible, whether it be a rally point or a FOB. That will make his job of keeping the squad together a hundred times easier. All too often I have people join my squad and they will spawn a million miles away from me. Then Im faced with the dilemma of having to get them together with the rest of my squad. If these people had just taken the extra 30 seconds to look on the map to see where I was before they spawned, they could have chosen the nearest FOB and only have been a short walk away from me and the squad. So keep this in mind OP, it will save alot of headaches for you and your squadleader.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
tryznius

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
Heres another little tip. This is something that I see even veterans doing wrong many times and it annoys the hell out of me.

When you join a server, first thing you must do is join a squad. Do this before you spawn. Once you have joined a squad, look on the map to see where your squad leader is. He can be identifed by a large green number on the map, the number corresponding to the number of the squad you joined. {You probably already knew that if you were a vanilla player} Unlike vanilla BF2, in PR you cannot spawn on the squad leader. But heres the point of my post, spawn AS CLOSE to the squadleader as possible, whether it be a rally point or a FOB. That will make his job of keeping the squad together a hundred times easier. All too often I have people join my squad and they will spawn a million miles away from me. Then Im faced with the dilemma of having to get them together with the rest of my squad. If these people had just taken the extra 30 seconds to look on the map to see where I was before they spawned, they could have chosen the nearest FOB and only have been a short walk away from me and the squad. So keep this in mind OP, it will save alot of headaches for you and your squadleader.
Sure do , thanks bud.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Pedz
Supporting Member

Quote:
I would be more than happy to get training from other players :P
Add my xfire (p3dz) and ill be happy to give you a bit of training sometime =]

My xfire also applies to all new members who want a bit of training, just put it in the comment on adding me (just so i know why :P )

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
Zi8

There is also an active Lithuanian server called BF2.LT (if I got it right) so maybe you can try to get in touch with their community and get some help on the server with your native language aswell.

Good luck

Zi8 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
playing, start