project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead
Post VIDEO: PR 0.9 Aircraft Takeoff & Landing Guide

Since Rhino's flight school video dates back 2 years by now I thought I'd create a new video guide to update and supplement it. It's main focus are the correct landing settings for all the aircraft in PR 0.9 but it also shows other basics like taxi and takeoff.

I hope this comes in handy for those having trouble to land a particular jet in PR.

UPDATE: I decided to make another video for those having trouble with the abandoned airfield on Silent Eagle. I'll post a third video if I ever find a reliable way to get back onto the Quinling taxiways without blowing up the plane

Last edited by Spearhead; 02-18-2010 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: VIDEO: PR 0.9 Aircraft Takeoff & Landing Guide

well done spearhead, gonna be handy

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Can you do one for the A10 on silent eagle for those of us with joysticks (ie it doesn't go down the runway 100% straight)? o_0
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
XxxGrANdmA

lol yes a silent eagle one could be helpful as well because everytime I try to take off from the abandoned runway, I crash. I also have a joystick.
XxxGrANdmA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Can you do one for the A10 on silent eagle for those of us with joysticks (ie it doesn't go down the runway 100% straight)? o_0
It does.. and just use your rudder to get in a correct possition..

Well made tutorial although i miss the Altitude meter in cookie cutter

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Silent eagle is a little tricky for the US due to the runway layout and clutter. I decided to focus on the planes in this video and not on the specifics of airfields. But maybe I'll check out doing a little something for that abandoned airfield. I do not recommend any novice pilot to attempt a landing at this place (I don't recommend landing your A-10 in the Russian base either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektro View Post
It does.. and just use your rudder to get in a correct possition..

Well made tutorial although i miss the Altitude meter in cookie cutter
Yea. I thought about it but the altitude is something I do by feel mostly in PR. Most of the time I fly just high enough to avoid collision with any obstacles on the approach. Especially the Tornado should be eased in very low to avoid damage on touchdown. Other planes work well with a steeper descent.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Redamare
Supporting Member

VERY well put togeather ^_^ * Clapps * .... there must be somthing wrong with my joystick throttle because it doesnt let me use a certian engine % it either .. slowly starts moving higher or lower i just have to keep my eye on it and adjust accordingly :P thats why i dont fly ^_^ lolol i usuialy crash on landing either way... ( supprising because i have flown planes in the past and BF2's physics are just a sheer issue that cant be solved )

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
VERY well put togeather ^_^ * Clapps * .... there must be somthing wrong with my joystick throttle because it doesnt let me use a certian engine % it either .. slowly starts moving higher or lower i just have to keep my eye on it and adjust accordingly :P thats why i dont fly ^_^ lolol i usuialy crash on landing either way... ( supprising because i have flown planes in the past and BF2's physics are just a sheer issue that cant be solved )
Setting the throttle precisely in PR is an art form I guess. I have decided on a 2-stage system for myself. First I put the throttle to +/-5 of the desired setting. Then I have programmed my Joystick to use a hat to trim the throttle axis in small increments. This allows me to get the precise percentage I want.

If your Joystick allows such trimming that is the best thing to try. On a side-note I also recommend putting the 1, 7, 8 and 9 weapons on your coolie hat so you can use them to look around.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
Elektro

btw shouldnt it be moved to Aircraft Tactics - Project Reality Forums

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektro View Post
btw shouldnt it be moved to Aircraft Tactics - Project Reality Forums
Yea. As it's a new thing I put it up here first for higher exposure. It will land in the reference section in a few days.

Tags
aircraft, guide, landing, takeoff, video