project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should players in vehicles count for capturing objectives?
YES, they should count for capturing objectives 29 35.80%
NO, they should not count for capturing objectives 52 64.20%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Question Feedback - Should players in vehicles count for capturing flags?

We are evaluating changing flag capture so that NO players in vehicles count for capturing flags.

Right now in PR and BF2 only 1 player in a vehicle counts for capturing flags.

We are considering changing this for 0.4 so that ALL players inside a vehicle do not count for capturing a flag.

The idea being that a vehicle providing overwatch is merely *assisting* the ground troops to secure a location, and it's only the dismounted troops who actually are doing the securing of terrain.

While I am sure folks can chime in with many suggestions on flag capture dynamics, if the choice was one of the two in the poll... what would it be?

Cheers!
egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 06-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

bad new's for tankers
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
SilvuR

I believe that players in transport vehicles (Vodniks, Humvees, Blackhawk etc) should count towards flag captures. However, players in armored attack vehicles (Tanks, Attack Choppers, APCs) should require all personel to depart the vehicle to count towards the flag capture.

EDIT: When I say "players" in transport vehicles, I mean the last remaining person in the vehicle. Or in simpler terms, it should remain as it is currently for transport vehicles and only change for attack vehicles.
Last edited by SilvuR; 06-26-2006 at 11:50 PM..
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
00SoldierofFortune00

I say no because on flags that are very open, vodniks/humvees/najing(sp?) can just sit there and spawn rape and also get the flag white sometimes. And changing it would only encourage more people to be on the flag which is teamwork. Would also get rid of tanks ramboing to flags without infantry support which always happens on Mastuur mosque and would make them do what they are actually suppose to do(support infantry).

And it would also give rid of lone vehicle rushes because the people have the vehicles to hid in and give them the unfair advantage.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
1SFG-BigJoe62

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
The idea being that a vehicle providing overwatch is merely *assisting* the ground troops to secure a location, and it's only the dismounted troops who actually are doing the securing of terrain.
Exactly. As in real life, could a tanker (even with 1 crewman) secure an area all by themselves while sitting in their tank? No. The basis for APC's are to be just that, Armored Personell Carriers, get the ground troops there to secure an objective and provide cover.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

as much as i love rushing in with an apc and wiping a whole squad out and taking the flag, i definatly think you HAVE to be out of a vehicle to secure a flag.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #7
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

I agree 100 percent, and sorry for voting the wrong option... I didnt think my choices through.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:08 AM   #8
lonelyjew

I think anyone who helps "secure the area" should count for capping a flag. What I meen is the guy driving a transport should, his gunner should, but not the guys in the back. A guy manning a mg on a tank also helps secure the area and should count towards capping a flag and obviously the guy in the tank should aswell. It would make it even better if vehicles of varying strengths should have different effects on flag capture rates. A guy manning a .50cal mg should be able to secure a flag faster than a soldier, an apc would secure faster than him, and tanks would secure fastest.

Choppers should only have an indirect effect in securing a flag. What I meen is they wouldn't physically cap the flag, but them killing enemies near the flag would help the ground troops capture it faster. The only reason I say this is I'm sure everyone agrees it's pretty unrealistic when choppers hover above a flag to capture it and this would solve that problem.

Hehe, I'm sure most(if not all) the things I've said are impossible, but never hurts to say what you think.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 AM   #9
lonelyjew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SFG-BigJoe62
Exactly. As in real life, could a tanker (even with 1 crewman) secure an area all by themselves while sitting in their tank? No. The basis for APC's are to be just that, Armored Personell Carriers, get the ground troops there to secure an objective and provide cover.
I agree with this, but would a single soldier be more effective than a tank in securing an area? Maybe it should take multiple people to cap a flag. I still think vehicles should be more effective than soldiers in securing an area but it would be hard/impossible to secure an area by yourself even if you were in a tank.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 AM   #10
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

A minimum cap limit should be in place... It would REQUIRE teamwork, and lonewolfs would almost be forced into a squad.... Great that you brought that up lonelyjew. That would solve many issues here, but I firmly belive that tanks and all vehicles except the cars should be inable to cap.

Tags
capturing, count, feedback, flags, players, vehicles