project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

View Poll Results: Are the rounds too long in 0.9?
Yes, the tickets should be reduced slightly. 186 29.95%
No, long rounds are great. 435 70.05%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
space
Banned
Default Are PR rounds too long now?

Ive noticed since 0.9 that the rounds are now taking along time - in my experience 2-3 hours on average. For many people, me included, this is often great - last night on RT there was a 3 hour Qwai round where the Chinese won by 3 tickets! But for other people, they may only have an hour or two to play every night, and may not want to spend it only playing one map. What do you guys think? Should the tickets be reduced slightly?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Protector

Default Re: Are PR rounds too long now?

Long rounds are incredible and I hate it when they end, the longer the round the more immersed you become in the battle!

For those who want to play shorter rounds there is skirmish mode...

Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Servers can always reduce the ticket % of the maps thou this dose effect every map and some maps you may want a ticket reduction/increase where others you dont and it may feck up INS maps etc (dunno about that) but may be worth giving it a shot.

I personally prefer longer rounds, it means you play less of the same maps too since your not for ever switching maps and seeing muttrah 3 times in the same night

Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Su34

Indeed, for Ins it will be problem, because the amount of caches remains the same.

However, on some large Maps like Kashan or Qinling, less tickets could improve the gameplay experience. I also want some variation in maps, which is not given, if one map takes 3 hours. Some, it depends on the maps I think.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Feriluce

2 hours of Iron ridge with <15 fps, nothing happening and 200 tickets left. Thats when I got too bored and left PR till a hotfix is made.

Long rounds can be good, but long rounds for the sake of long rounds can also be incredibly dull.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
EnermaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feriluce View Post
2 hours of Iron ridge with <15 fps, nothing happening and 200 tickets left. Thats when I got too bored and left PR till a hotfix is made.

Long rounds can be good, but long rounds for the sake of long rounds can also be incredibly dull.
Indeed, epecially Iron Ridge, great map, but in Insurgency my last round took 3 1/2 hours...
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
Ford_Jam

A 4 hour round that isn't a 3 + 1/2 hour stalemate on Kashan or Qinling is a great game

No offense to Qinling or Kashan, but a good 3 or 4 hours without seeing an enemy got dull :P
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Punkbuster

I support you on this...
Yesterday I was plying Kashan, I played for 3 hours as a tank gunner and we still had 300 tickets... so I just left the game because of bore!

Anyway... Can you please tell me how did you make a poll??????

In-game name: =[BF]= Rudy_PR
Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feriluce View Post
2 hours of Iron ridge with <15 fps, nothing happening and 200 tickets left. Thats when I got too bored and left PR till a hotfix is made..
See 2 hours on Iron ridge defending a cache site with a high fps is very fun

Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
Feriluce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
See 2 hours on Iron ridge defending a cache site with a high fps is very fun
Indeed, it very much depends on how the round plays out. However, with a very high amount of tickets, there is a larger chance of a very long stalemate.
Closed Thread

Tags
long, rounds