project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #1
Demps
Default GREAT IDEA AND SIMPLE

This is purely for realism that effects the gameplay, when using the Voip (voice over I.P) why not change the tone of the players voice, for example: if the player was in a chopper; add some background noise of the blades and engine, but restrict it so it sounds as though he is wearing headphones and a close mic (you know what i mean, whatch some films, or get onto the battlefield), similary if the player was in a tank; add some restricted background noise of the engine and tracks etc. but this would be quieter.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

That wouldnt exactly effect gameplay, it would just be a nice feature. I dont know how easy it would be, but I know it would require some coding at least, and maybe custom sounds. (they will have a sound pack, so I dont know if they will change the noises of the vehicles) So yeah, this sounds like a nice idea, but I dont think it would be as easy as it looks.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #3
Demps

ok ok.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:33 AM   #4
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Sorry, just letting you know.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
Downtown_two

Send a message via MSN to Downtown_two

There is already distortion on the channel, and making people even harder to hear isnt going to make things any easier. I like the idea background sounds like they do with the scripted speech.

"Cover me, I'm eating Pasta"
Old 06-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I dout that it would be simpal. Sorry. Im pretty sure all the VOIP stuff is hard coded but i aint looked into it much.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown_two
There is already distortion on the channel, and making people even harder to hear isnt going to make things any easier. I like the idea background sounds like they do with the scripted speech.
agreed
Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Dandy

Just have a Creative Gigaworks 7.1 speaker system in the background, and it your teammates will think that your really are in the middle of a firefight

Admin: datorbutiken.se
gaming.datorbutiken.com
Join Our PRMM 0.3 server 212.247.85.206:16568, were teamwork is demanded
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
R.Johnson_USMC

I have a 5.1 surround sound and its awesome.

Tags
great, idea, simple