project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Heaven

Default MEC team on Kashan training map

Many of us agree, and disagree, and this thread may be locked again but just read this because this is really starting to get on many of our nerves.

We play it out of boredom or for actual training.

What we don't want to have to avoid every single time is an AA vehicle.

Now I've seen 2 or 3 comments such as 'Remove the AA' or 'Ban all MEC players' etc

This kinda shows how much people hate there being another team, or at least we Anti-Air capabilities.

Then the bunch of people on the other side always say "stop bombing infantry (then)" "stop flying near bombing range (then)" "learn to avoid AA"

The message that strikes most here is the last one.

Learn to avoid Anti-Air.

Well, I'm not the type of person who wants to bloody avoid AA every single second because that is what is ALWAYS happening.

What my suggestions are:

-Take away AA
-Increase MEC spawn times to 9000 (I think this is around 15 minutes)
-Take away MEC team

Any of these would seriously suffice.
The only use I see on Kashan is flying, and the people on MEC do this because they think they are helping. They are 100% obviously NOT helping anyone at all.

I got told to fly lower today, but the guy who told me that was waiting on a hill side with an AA turret aiming at both high and low people, even shooting the planes on the airfield.

This is becoming a big growing problem, especially on the Battleforce Training server.

Can something be done about it? Anything at all?

Communist Gaming Pro
||||||||||||||

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f252...ml#post1169736
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Technobanana

Default Re: MEC team on Kashan training map

I bet by the time this page refreshes after i post this it will be locked
Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

all your rant is pretty useless, because there wont be training mode in 0.9

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
ma21212
Supporting Member

aow...where are we gonna practice hitboxes on vehicles :/

Old 01-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Heaven

On a different map, maybe?

And it's fairly obvious where the hitbox is because it's just the bloody vehicle's model.

Communist Gaming Pro
||||||||||||||

Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
0331SgtSpyUSMC
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 0331SgtSpyUSMC

There just should be separate training modes. Maybe even the same map but one setting for infantry only, second for armor only, helis and AA, jets and AA. But if there will be no training anymore, more people on servers will be waisting assets

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away

Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Truism

>> Can something be done at all?

Yeh, load up on a single player training server and practice bombing vehicles there instead of expecting a teamfull of MEC players to take it while you pummel them into the floor.

I played a few rounds on Kashan training servers, optimistic that I would learn things, improve my skills, get better at the game. You know, like you normally do in training.

Instead I got lumped as MEC every time while I was killed every few seconds in acts of insufferable spawn rape by the bastards who had filled the US team faster than you can mutter "Douches who clearly aren't in it for the training value,". When we complained about it, we were invariably told to stfu and l2pnoobs because it's war, or some other stupid reason like that.

So I snuck a Tunguska out of the base and sat on the hill overlooking the MEC come US main and destroyed everything, ruined the runway and killed them every time they spawned for as long as I could.

It turns out they didn't like being spawn raped anymore than we did.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
Original|nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
I played a few rounds on Kashan training servers, optimistic that I would learn things, improve my skills, get better at the game. You know, like you normally do in training.

Instead I got lumped as MEC every time while I was killed every few seconds in acts of insufferable spawn rape by the bastards who had filled the US team faster than you can mutter "Douches who clearly aren't in it for the training value,". When we complained about it, we were invariably told to stfu and l2pnoobs because it's war, or some other stupid reason like that.

So I snuck a Tunguska out of the base and sat on the hill overlooking the MEC come US main and destroyed everything, ruined the runway and killed them every time they spawned for as long as I could.

It turns out they didn't like being spawn raped anymore than we did.
Dude where you spawn is called Bombing Range, It's obvious that you get spawnraped. And the way you reacted to it, is a complete useless thing to do, you could just leave the server instead.

Wating with patience for Dutch Forces
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
What we don't want to have to avoid every single time is an AA vehicle. I'm not the type of person who wants to bloody avoid AA every single second because that is what is ALWAYS happening. The only use I see on Kashan is flying
Have you ever considered creating a local training server?

The main reasons you would need to join an online populated training server are when you want to practice using a specialized kit (requiring 2 people in a squad) or crewing a heavy asset with another player.

If what you're doing doesn't require other players you don't need to be there. Hence you have no legitimate cause to complain about being shot at.

Quote:
the people on MEC do this because they think they are helping. They are 100% obviously NOT helping anyone at all.
I doubt they think they're honestly helping people who are learning to fly, they just want to shoot stuff.

Quote:
Can something be done about it? Anything at all?
It's too late as training probably won't even be in 0.9, just co-op.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
Heaven

I know the part about them saying that they're helping is a lie etc but it's a real pain the ass just listening to their bullshit.

Communist Gaming Pro
||||||||||||||

Tags
kashan, map, mec, team, training