PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 11:39   #1
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [Vehicle] Spectator Camera

So here's something small to show off to keep the anticipation going . In v0.9, we have added a "Spectator Camera" (also known as "prbot"). This is a little flying contraption that players can fly around in, to spectate matches.

Now, this differs quite a bit from the standard freecam in BF2. Firstly, prbot is a vehicle that only the player using it can use, whereas freecam affects all players on the server. Secondly, it has full 6-axis movement, whereas freecam only has 3-axis. It also has a handy zoom for seeing those far away people.

So, we have designed this to have a few uses in PR. You can use it to admin matches, you can use it to shoutcast tournaments, you can use it to have some awesome camera angles for videos. Or, you can just use it to fly around and check out the awesome new maps. It's up to you how to use it .

To use it, there's a couple of things you need to do:
- You need to have a dedicated server, so you can spawn it.
- You then need to add your ingame name to the "PRSPECTATORS" array in "mods/pr/python/game/realityconfig_common.py" (this is so not everyone has access to spawning it, causing all sorts of problems).
- Then, once you've restarted your server, you can simply spawn the vehicle by typing "rcon spec" in the ingame console.
- Once you've spawned it (it'll appear about 10m in front of you), press E to hop in, fire to get yourself moving, and have fun .

That's about it, just a little something that we've added in to be different .

(There are no secrets in this thread, but there might be a ninja)

Old 2010-01-11, 11:44   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Vehicle] Spectator Camera

UAV Mark 2?

Just one in game at a time?
I assume no players can see it?
Old 2010-01-11, 11:46   #3
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It's visible, as you can clearly see in that picture . You can spawn as many as you like, however, only players with their name added to the config will only be able to spawn it, so it's limited in that way. It's up to the server admins to control how it is used, or not used.

Old 2010-01-11, 11:47   #4
bahlye

So an admin on a dedicated server can add their ingame name to the "PRSPECTATORS" array in mods/pr/python/game/realityconfig_common.py and zoom around like a ninja referee with a banstick ?...

Old 2010-01-11, 11:47   #5
sik_gerar

will it show you the names of everyone? you need names to admin, no matter if you see someone doing shit, you need his name as well
Old 2010-01-11, 11:50   #6
Ragni<RangersPL>

I will freak out every time this thing will be flying around me. I hope it's destroyable, LOLz
Old 2010-01-11, 11:55   #7
Snazz
Supporting Member

Will be funny seeing a little green probe flying around, might be a concern of immersion for some.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:57   #8
sik_gerar

i would put a "MP" flag on it, just to make people notice what it is
Old 2010-01-11, 12:05   #9
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be kind of weird to see this hovering about while fighting an intense battle (as it can be seen by everyone, or so i understood).
Fun addition nonetheless

Old 2010-01-11, 12:13   #10
bahlye

I'd say it would be like the UAV's, ie you can't see it?.
Unless its coded as an indestructible object.

But in reality there wouldn't be a green, sadfaced bot thingo hovering around...and this is a reality mod.

Would be a laugh though, giving people the sadface as they are banned for whatever bannable thing they were doing..
Closed Thread

Tags
camera, spectator, vehicle