project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
boilerrat

Default Bomb cars coming in different colors

Right now the bomb car is straight RED and ANY blufor will see a red car and instantly persue and be paranoid.

Thats because the bomb car is ONLY red...

But if you see videos of VBIEDs on liveleak, you will watch like 20 cars go by with many of them being red but you don't see the soldiers shoot at red cars... the bomb could be in any car.

What would this add to gameplay?
It would enable the insurgents to use the bomb cars more successfully because of the unkown.

But the insurgents are supposed to do hit and runs and be stealthy...
That thought is just a work around because all the bomb cars are red.... its almost impossible to sneak up on a tank on basrah.

Is it ingame already?
No.

Is it possible to have random color spawned bomb cars? Or just delay the spawn of different color cars so it wouldn't be over powering.

Start of round: two bomb cars spawn, like the basrah tank they explode and are gone for good.

20 minutes later two more bomb cars spawn but in a different position from the original ones.

Just not-spawn the same color twice.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Donatello

Default Re: Bomb cars coming in different colors

agreed

PR bomb cars are too bright now

nickname: =WAR= Kadart
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Herbiie

Imho we need Civvi Cars and Insurgent Cars, Insurgent cars are exactly the same as civvi cars but civvi's can't drive them (or if they do they can be shot) and have a small slogan on them (So that it is possible to tell the difference, just hard to tell) and some have bombs in. Civvi cars will be like they are now but insurgents can't get in them only collaborators and if the Blufor shoot them then their souls shall be sent to hell.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Imho we need Civvi Cars and Insurgent Cars, Insurgent cars are exactly the same as civvi cars but civvi's can't drive them (or if they do they can be shot) and have a small slogan on them (So that it is possible to tell the difference, just hard to tell) and some have bombs in. Civvi cars will be like they are now but insurgents can't get in them only collaborators and if the Blufor shoot them then their souls shall be sent to hell.

Agreed. =/ Civvies should be able to use cars just like normal. =) Now if you clearly see a guy with an RPG in the vehicle i think you should be allowed to kill them. xD (maybe make it so that they can only drive with other civvies? > > I mean.... honestly.... o_o if they drive with people with weapons then they would be able to be shot at due to the fact there is a guy with a weapon in it. =/

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
SleepyHe4d

Yeah, if you're gonna have a game mode based around insurgency, then go all the way in that aspect and make it realistic.

The only problem is punishment for killing civvies that get too close. In real life you aren't punished for killing a civilian that is rushing your squad/convoy with a car.

Is there any way to take away civ punishment if you kill them if they are within 50m in a car or 20m on foot or something similar?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Donatello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
Agreed. =/ Civvies should be able to use cars just like normal. =) Now if you clearly see a guy with an RPG in the vehicle i think you should be allowed to kill them. xD (maybe make it so that they can only drive with other civvies? > > I mean.... honestly.... o_o if they drive with people with weapons then they would be able to be shot at due to the fact there is a guy with a weapon in it. =/
imagine, that weapons are hidden under seat/clothes.
so we can drive nearby US and open fire SUDDENLY!
like IRL. is it Project Reality or what? ))

it could be another trick in addition to bomb cars, IED, civies, grenade traps.......

windows should be non-transparent.

nickname: =WAR= Kadart
Last edited by Donatello; 01-05-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
freeway

it is not gonna make any differrences , ppl will shoot any vehicle that is not on their side dont matter if it is red or blue . we could make it so that when a civil drives a car by himself we cant shoot or we ll get punished like in real life u just cant shoot any vehicle . if we could do this then the game will be more fun cuz blufor really have to watch out for cars pass by since they cant shoot civil himself in a car + make any car could be a bomb car ( dont know if this could be done) . i dont like the idea we could shoot at every vehicle even if it is operated by a civil so not right

AKA AlexanderK-47
"The sniper is a very necessary person. He serves to remind us that we are war."
A .303 round at +2500 fps will remove a leg if it impacts the mid to lower thigh, thus resulting in death for most circumstances
No word of a lie ever since i downloaded this mod on January, i havent gone near the BF2 icon lol!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
imagine, that weapons are hidden under seat/clothes.
so we can drive nearby US and open fire SUDDENLY!
like IRL. is it Project Reality or what? ))
Well if you see the weapon then fair enough - with mine Guys with weapons won't be able to get in civvi cars but civvis will, but you won't know if they have weapons or not unless they are sitting on the roof listening to Jihad music.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Nimise

I like the idea but I really dont see it helping all that much. If a vehicle is coming at the tank they usually shoot it no matter the colour.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Blufor shoots anything that moves, so whatever the car colour, it will be fired at.
Closed Thread

Tags
bomb, cars, colors, coming