project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > PR Community Modding Archives
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Exclamation Project Reality & Community Mapping Test Day

Hey Gents,

We'd like to arrange a test day for community generated maps and possibly toss in some other PR maps we'd like to test.

There will be a schedule that y'all will need to follow:
1. Map Submission Deadline
Friday, June 16th at midnight PST

2. Map Pack Test Installer Download
Will be created by PR team. Should be available by Monday, June 26th; links will be posted in this forum

3. Map Test Day
update: Sunday July 2nd at 1000 PST

How will players get the map pack?
A simple installer will be prepared and uploaded so that players can grab the maps in a single bundle.

How will maps be tested?
Maps will be tested in CONQUEST mode on a GloryHoundZ test server. Each map will ONLY be tested in 32p config for 30 minutes max. We may add more player configs, or extend the testing time... depends on the amount of maps we are testing and the time required.

How do you submit maps?
Just post into this thread by the Map Submission deadline date with a link to download your map in a "ready to play" state.

Criterion for acceptance:
1. The map does not need to be the final version but it MUST be packaged in final state (eg with client.zip and server.zip).
2. The map must have been tested on a dedicated server with no issues (mappers should be setting up their own dedicated server and testing their maps; it's actually very easy to do and will save a ton of hassles for us)
3. If a map does not work we *might* make some effort to sort it out with you depending on time, but basically you can assume that if the map does not load and run on a dedicated server it will be dropped from the test day.

note: we'll likely start doing these on a semi-regluar basis, so don't worry if you are not ready, we'll have more of these test days.

note 2: post any questions into this thread, but this thread will be heavily moderated as it should be specific to map test day issues.

egg

Cheers!
egg

Last edited by eggman; 06-24-2006 at 12:49 PM..
Old 06-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I will also give feedback on the maps ive tested if i have time to test them and post the feedback

Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
JellyBelly

Sounds good. Be nice to sample some of the new maps in the works.

[RGG] - Pte.Phillips - www.rggsquad.co.uk - Arma ftw
Really Gay Guy

America was a tad late into the First World War. They redeemed themself's and came in slightly sooner in the Second. Now they seem determined to start the Third.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Wink

looking forward to testing...cant wait to put some blood on my map (except for my own from blowing myself up for fun)
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
solipsism

Yeah, I love giving feedback on new maps, but i never have the chance to really test many, as its hard to find the right times to play em.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

I think I might be able to get Emirate Isle in for this. I have an alpha out (which so far one person has downloaded, yay!) I can only work on maps (and play BF2) fridays and saturdays, so look for my submission at the last possible minute as I still need to resolve some major issues.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Thumbs up

Qwai River will be ready for sure...Just gotta add the last base and then do the rendering and minor tweeking..

Taxi
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Even if these maps install and are playable guys .. but maybe a long way from being finished .. it's great for feedback while in development.

I'd like to have these regularly, but specific schedules are tough to commit to.

egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 06-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Is there a size limit to the maps? Mines 12MB.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

no size limit, but there should be no need for maps to get beyond 80mb

Cheers!
egg

Tags
community, day, mapping, project, reality, test