project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
rofflesnlols

Default C4 Engine - 'ADF' (A look into the future of PR2?)

I just stumbled across this whilst googling 'PR2 C4 Engine' - to see if I could find out anything more about what the DEVs are up to (I couldn't...).

I wonder if any of you guys have seen this - maybe one or two of the DEVs are even involved with this project, who knows?

BCS - ADF

Quote:
This is our Indie game project that out team at BCS is producting. Intoducing 'ADF' or Australian Defence Force.

We started development on an idea that we had and that was that the Australian Army needs an FPS game made similar to AA (Americas Army). The project has been in part time development for about two years now. The project was started in the Torque Game Engine, due to this engine not meeting our requirements, ADF was then ported to the C4 game engine. With a team of two covering all bases of game development has been a massive undertaking, but with our current rate of progress we are quietly confident that an early alpha stage can be reached before the end of this year.

We are are currently only a few internal builds away from having an early alpha version of the game for testing purposes and feedback. Information on this will be posted on the C4 forums regarding this along with images, videos and how to obtain a test build. Soon we will call out on the C4 forums for testers that are willing to provide feedback on the game so far.

If the idea of this project is of interest, and would like to know more please don't hesitate to contact me via the contact form or email Tim and we will try get back to you. Many thanks to the responses so far.
I just found this particularly interesting, although I admit I haven't looked very hard, it's the first real military game I've seen being developed on the C4 engine - perhaps a look into the future of PR2 (admittedly at a very basic stage... their animations, effects etc. all seem to be WIP - impressive none the less.).

Like I said - I just stumbled across this and none of it is my work.

Can't wait to see what the PR2 DEVs are working at with the C4 engine.
Last edited by rofflesnlols; 11-24-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 11-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
HeXeY
Default Re: C4 Engine - 'ADF' (A look into the future of PR2?)

I believe PR2 is already planning to use the C4 engine. Other then that very little has been told

HeXeY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I assume you've seen this? http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...5-pr2-faq.html

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
rofflesnlols

Sorry guys - you seem to have misunderstood my post...

I realise the C4 Engine is being used to develop PR2.

What I meant to get across, is that this is the first use of the C4 Engine in a military sense. Upon finding this I thought - "Oh, this is similar to what PR2 could be like in the future - because they're using the same engine " - Hence the Title "A look into the future of PR2?".

Maybe I should have made it clearer by entitling the post this: "C4 Engine - the same one the PR2 team are utilising right now, being used in a similar genre of game, that could perhaps give an idea of what PR2 might look like." - Better?

Sorry if my original post was confusing, I've edited it to make it clearer.
Last edited by rofflesnlols; 11-24-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Old 11-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
sparks50
Supporting Member

Is that the bridge level from Americas Army 2 I see?

Anyway, nobody will be blown away by the graphics, but at the end of the day it is the gameplay that counts
sparks50 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflesnlols View Post
Sorry guys - you seem to have misunderstood my post...

I realise the C4 Engine is being used to develop PR2.

What I meant to get across, is that this is the first use of the C4 Engine in a military sense. Upon finding this I thought - "Oh, this is similar to what PR2 could be like in the future - because they're using the same engine " - Hence the Title "A look into the future of PR2?".

Maybe I should have made it clearer by entitling the post this: "C4 Engine - the same one the PR2 team are utilising right now, being used in a similar genre of game, that could perhaps give an idea of what PR2 might look like." - Better?

Sorry if my original post was confusing, I've edited it to make it clearer.
Not necissarily (:s) your writing, but rather my English, and the fact that I'm tired xD

But in that case you can just forget about my post ^^,

HeXeY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
rofflesnlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks50 View Post
Anyway, nobody will be blown away by the graphics, but at the end of the day it is the gameplay that counts
Very true.

About the AA map - I think so, it looks like the guys who are making this game are trying to make a stand-alone, Australian version... of Americas Army...
rofflesnlols is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

looks cool none the less and we may get a heap of input from them and possibly help them over some of their hurdles...nice find....will get in contact with these guys..

incidentally...I thought this was pretty damn cool..

yeah...in game dynamic objets here we come!

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflesnlols View Post
... that could perhaps give an idea of what PR2 might look like." - Better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks50 View Post
Nobody said that the engine will produce the same level of graphics that you see ind the ADF project.

The C4 engine is capable of handling graphics in the most up to date manner, it is just up to the developers and especially artists to really show what the engine is capable of.

****THIS IS NOT FOR PR2****

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5...mocrate04b.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3...mocrate06b.jpg

This was just something I whipped up in 1 day for a personal project.
I have recently begun to show my game models in the C4 engine as it has so many possibilities and you can make it look really great.

Do not be fooled by the old illusion of "if something looks bad in this engine, everything will".

PR2 will be pretty and up to date with the newest games in terms of graphics (if I have my way), and as you guys know the game play of the PR team is great too so it should end up a killer combination

@ taxi, I believe they are already mentioned in the PR2 forum somewhere.
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
rofflesnlols

Yeah, I've also seen that video - really exciting concepts floating around in my head already - I'm sure you guys are really keen to exploit all the Engine's features to the full!

Edit: Wow, yes you really are - great job!
rofflesnlols is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
adf, engine, future, pr2