project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
MattChicago

Default City Urban Map WarFare Map

Dear Mod Teams,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a map that would be like a city like chicago or los angeles, or new york does not matter, but something with high rise buildings, apartment buildings, city streets, broken down by districts or neighborhoods, realistic police cars and swat teams to help with the infintry and or ground troops? basically all buildings would have windows that could blow out and other things possibly no "tanks" but Command APC's and smaller vehicles for the city like environment also news choppers and regular mini birds and other things and police choppers as well. i think it would be a cool urban warfare type of situation if someone knows how to do this.

basically 3 modes for the mod

1. army (like normal)
2. police (swat team and ground forces) (snipers, etc)
3. insurgents (the ones who give the city hell)

basically with different scenarios like airport hostage situation, bank jobs, and other normal urban things you would see but with the army and police forces working together sort of like a urban warfare type of thing going on. Like This photo below would be cool for a layout type of thing lol.

Last edited by MattChicago; 10-30-2009 at 10:23 PM..
Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [REQUEST] - City Urban Map WarFare Map

I don't think you've played Muttrah city yet?

A homeland invasion scenario has been suggested before, the problem it would require a HUGE amount of work for statics. Armoured fury statics arne't of high enough quality to use.

And the modes you suggest would mean even more work.

Also, it would just be kind wierd (i.e. not feeling realistic)

Play the mod for a bit and then think about if this would fit.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
ChiefRyza

And then you woke up, to reality. I hate to burst your dream but this is just.....impossible. In every meaning of the word on the Battlefield 2 engine.

Quote:
basically all buildings would have windows that could blow out
That many destructible objects has never even been attempted in a game before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be another 10 years before a game comes out that even comes close in terms of the ability to pull something like this off.

Lastly, Project Reality is about conventional forces and combat between them. The things you suggest would fit into a custom minimod, but definitely not the mainstream version of PR. It sounds like you just grabbed GTA and Project Reality and put them together, but as I said.....impossible, seeing as the AI is so limited on BF2/PR that they can't carry out custom tasks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current project: Operation Tempest
ChiefRyza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
MattChicago

lol @ GTA and Project Reality, yeah i was just saying it would be COOL if it was able to do that. I guess i will have to see that city you all are talking about. Yeah its still downloading the files i need. Also the server here i noticed just crashed do you all go thru that a lot?

MattChicago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Also the server here i noticed just crashed do you all go thru that a lot?
do you mean your download is getting interupted?

what mirror are you using?

I recommend using the torrent.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post

That many destructible objects has never even been attempted in a game before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be another 10 years before a game comes out that even comes close in terms of the ability to pull something like this off.
Well, then I guess you haven't seen Battlefield: Bad Company yet.

It has 80% destruction capability on all buildings. Not bad.
I would guess that 10 years from now, all war games will have totally destructable environments.

But anyway, I think Matt's idea would be fun, and I think it's been suggested before (SWAT vs Insurgents) but it's not entirely realistic and would require a large amount of changes to PR that the DEVs wouldn't want to deal with right now.
However, if someone made a game mode like that, I would certainly play it.

And MattChicago, once you finish downloading PR and read the manual, be sure to go to one of the Training servers to test out some of the new vehicles and equipment.
If you see me there, be sure to say hi and I can help you learn the ropes if you want. My ingame name is the same as my username on here, Sidewinder Zulu.

But really, read the manual, all of it.
For whatever reason, nothing annoys people in Project Reality more than a new player who hasn't read the manual.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
MattChicago

Yeah i read the manual. One of the downloads did fail yes. also the site here was down for a second earlier. sorry i was away at a nightclub i had to talk business regarding a event i got coming up in november

MattChicago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Moved to suggestions.

If your going to work on a map, post in community mapping, theres 1000's of suggestions for maps, but got to put the time in to get it working

Start with the mapping tutorials on these forums if interested.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: City Urban Map WarFare Map

i like the idea of a map being used for insurgent normal blufor vs redfor and police i like the idea and its quite good the problem is it won't come untill PR1 lol

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
Meza82

Default Re: City Urban Map WarFare Map

yea, the BF2 engine that PR uses is not physically capable of doing what your suggesting. its like you trying to lift a car and toss it across the street. otherwise large urban maps with sky scapers/apartments with that are destructible would already be in game. thats a coll pic btw.

as for police and SWAT and i personally dont like that idea just because i find military forces (and para military like insurgents or rebels) much more fun to play as compared to the local police.

PR has some really good urban maps. check out Falluja and MuttrahCity. also PR has some destructible environments like bunkers and some buildings. i think that is really impressive.

Violence is power
In .308 we trust
Meza82 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
city, map, request, urban, warfare