project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Qwai River - GPO edit suggestions for v0.9

So Rudd and I were playing Qwai earlier on TG. It didn't go so well. Subsequently, I am saying what others are probably thinking here tonight.

Qwai's vehicle layout isn't as good as it could be anymore.

Yes, I like the new MG APC the PLA gets. It's pretty neat, and though I don't use it, I'm sure plenty people like it. There's a thread for that, however, so that's not the point here.

What I'm saying is, the old asymetrical layout was superior than the pseudo version we have now. I, and many others, miss the tank v not tank balance. Right now, the US team has a few glass cannons to back up their wall of mud, and the PLA just don't "feel" menacing anymore.

For the PLA:
3x MG APC's
2x Autocannon IFV's
2x Tanks
2x little jeep thingies
Same amount of supply trucks as now

For the US:
3x Strykers
2x Bradleys
Same amount of supply trucks and MG humvees as now.

The Bradley is tougher and provides transport and Anti-Infantry support. TOW humvee is cool and all, but I can't help but feel the US Army would simply deploy the more versatile M2 instead.

There are several other ways to do similar things; for example, you could just give the PLA 3-4 tanks and few or no APC/IFV support, or whatnot. I'm sure we all have at least an opinion on how this map could go down.

Anyways, in conclusion, I still feel the map has lost its edge in recent releases, which is sad because it has been amongst my favorite maps since it came into the game.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Technoelite

Default Re: Qwai needs /halp/

well siad the map has lost its edge i hate playing it now it used to be the best map in pr, and to be honest alot of other maps have lost there way too, i look at it some times even though if u look at single player pr (i know they have bots etc blah blah blah) they layouts for verichels are better.

Qwai was brill last version due to for once the americans being the underdogs, taking on the tank with a tow humvee, i need to go to a lecture so i cant say much more on the topic lol

Technoelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

The Chinese have six APCs vs the US with one TOW hummvee on a ridiculously long spawn time. I can understand why the choppers were removed but the tanks? Honestly? When it really comes down to it I don't care about the sound bugs, this map needs 50CCs of asymmetry stat!

In fact I said something similar in the thread I made about the general loss of asymmetry just after the .86 patch release, which mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

Whilst I'm not so sure about the bradleys (I'd go for two TOW hummers on 10min spawn) I like the idea in general.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
HellDuke

When the PLA get their APC with the cannon and US get the Stryker... That's absolute crap... If that's the case exchange the Stryker with the LAV-25... Right now you get into a stryker and the most often thing you hear or say as a driver: "Woops another vechicle, time to get lost..."

Now you suggest adding tanks on top of that? What's gonna happen then? Connect: "Oh crap it's Qwai and I'm ammerican... Ok time to go..." Half server disconnects because they KNOW they are gonna lose. The way it's now is great in my opinion... The stryker is usseless unless it's just infantry and the TOW can be used against PLA APC
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellDuke View Post
When the PLA get their APC with the cannon and US get the Stryker... That's absolute crap... If that's the case exchange the Stryker with the LAV-25... Right now you get into a stryker and the most often thing you hear or say as a driver: "Woops another vechicle, time to get lost..."

Now you suggest adding tanks on top of that? What's gonna happen then? Connect: "Oh crap it's Qwai and I'm ammerican... Ok time to go..." Half server disconnects because they KNOW they are gonna lose. The way it's now is great in my opinion... The stryker is usseless unless it's just infantry and the TOW can be used against PLA APC
Tried pr pre 0.85 The vehicle outline for qwai was perfect except choppers who isnt needed. Usually you assigned a squad or two to trap the tanks so you got it with the tow hummer, and it worked good.

When i tried qwai without tanks on pla side the map was more or less one in the bunch of other maps. Before it was one of those map you played the most.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

I have to agree, Qwai has lost it's 'edge' but I am not so sure it's due
entirely to the vehicle load out. It certainly used to feature a lot on our rotation,
but it tends to kill it now!

I am not sure why things have changed, recently I have noticed less teamwork on
pub servers in general. And Qwai needs co-ordinated teamwork IMO.
(We have had a couple of great Scrims on it recently.)

Off Topic slightly, Would bringing back the CO as an essential part of the gameplay
improve the teamwork aspect?

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Qwai used to be a well executed example of fast vs slow/heavy, and it really was much better before...

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
snooggums

The problem isn't the vehicles themselves although they play into it.

It's the non-repairable bridges and single landbridge and the US having no amphibious vehicles vs the Chinese 6pack of APCs that die when you look at them funny. The map plays well or badly depending on the flag layout.

snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
arjan

I just feel like drawing up a list of what i could thing could be nice.

PLA;

2x Tank
4x APC MG
2x Logistic trucks
2x Transport trucks

USA;

2x hummvee TOW
4x Hummvee 50.cal
2x Logistics trucks
2x Transport trucks

Really assymetrical and just like the older version of qwai focusing alot on speed for the USA and some large power for the PLA.
wouldnt be to unbalanced to, becouse 2 TOW humvees can take on 2 tanks if crewed properly, and while the PLA has big power, with some tactics the US can take on the PLA with their fast and mobile humvees vs the heavy transport trucks and armor.

And lets say, have the vehicles of the USA on a lower respawn compared to the PLA?
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
Tirak

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. (Oh mama mia mama mia mama mia let me go)

What is the point of having the worlds best mechanized infantry and arguable the best tank corps if it NEVER GETS USED IN PR! Why does everyone insist that the US should have inferior yet faster vehicle loadouts on maps. Yes COMMIES HAVE ARMOR, so does everyone else. If you wanna give China back the tanks fine, but don't go so far as to take away every vehicle the US has that is not made of tin foil!
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
edit, gpo, or halp or, qwai, river, suggestions, v09