project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Wags

Send a message via Skype™ to Wags
Default LMG's too powerful.

The newly modelled LMG's provide a little bit too much power in a fire-fight. I mean LMG's are great: They can be accurate, they have a high rate of fire, and they carry a lot of ammo which enables them to keep the enemies' heads down. But in PR, the LMG seems to be made of paper. There is a reason why not everybody has an LMG in real life: Weight, and size. They are much more weighty, yet in PR, they seem no heavier than assualt rifles.

In CQB, I can never win against an LMG, even if I have the advantage. Like if we see eachother, the enemy LMG guy will just go prone and light me up with pin-point accuracy. Whereas in real-life, in the same situation, I can bring up my M4 and fire 2-3 accurate shots before the enemy gunner can even begin to think he's under attack. Even if the gunner knows he's being shot at, in real-life, he wouldn't be able to pick-up his LMG and aim it as quickly as I can due to the LMG's weight.

I don't like how much the bipod in LMG's contribute to accuracy. An LMG gunner can simply go prone and light up a target just like any other player can in regular BF2. I could imagine this would be okay if you sat there for a second and got steady, then fired. But In real-life if he was to dive to the ground, he probably wouldn't get the chance to aim due to the fact that diving just screws you up so much.

Anybody go outside with some sort of rifle (rifle, BB, pellet, paintball gun, etc.), get a running start, then dive to the ground with with weapon in hand and try to at least aim at a target. It just can't be done effectively.

Another thing I'd like to add is the ironsight LMG's ability to zoom in. This is unrealistic.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: LMG's too powerful.

Quote:
Another thing I'd like to add is the ironsight LMG's ability to zoom in. This is unrealistic.
all conventional factions will eventually get new models, i.e. LMGs with scopes. for now the zoom is a placeholder.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Wags

Send a message via Skype™ to Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
all conventional factions will eventually get new models, i.e. LMGs with scopes. for now the zoom is a placeholder.
Did the DEV's or anybody ever say that? At one point that's what I thought the reason of the zooming ironsights was, but I couldn't find any statements by the DEV's saying the other LMG's would get scopes.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Kim Jong ill

I'm pretty sure the dev's said it, it's pretty commonplace knowledge that that's the case.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
SkaterCrush

I agree if possible that the LMG should do with a mobility/speed decrease (less turning speed and movement speed etc.) the gun itself is how it should be.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophatter94 View Post
Did the DEV's or anybody ever say that? At one point that's what I thought the reason of the zooming ironsights was, but I couldn't find any statements by the DEV's saying the other LMG's would get scopes.
Yepp, thats how it is. It was like that for the M16 before we got the ACOG as well
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
I agree if possible that the LMG should do with a mobility/speed decrease (less turning speed and movement speed etc.) the gun itself is how it should be.
Not possible. Otherwise we'd do what Arma does on handheld AT/AA weapons.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
Ghost1800

You mean the "Quick let's all gang up on a lone MEC rifleman and steal his gear so we can stand a chance on Jabal" era? Hehehe... fun(ny) times.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
Vege

Quote:
In CQB, I can never win against an LMG, even if I have the advantage. Like if we see eachother, the enemy LMG guy will just go prone and light me up with pin-point accuracy.
If you go front to front against LMG you will loose, you don't have advantage there.
Flank and shoot them in the ganglia. (gotta love words that PR has tought me)

BF universe: Jorma[fIIn], Tahanmikaansovi, Vge, Lou Bang, Marjapiirakka
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1800 View Post
You mean the "Quick let's all gang up on a lone MEC rifleman and steal his gear so we can stand a chance on Jabal" era? Hehehe... fun(ny) times.
Ah, those were the days.

Currently, I don't have a problem with the new SAWs. They're deadly and essential, like they should be.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky

Tags
lmg, powerful