project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
xStrike55x
Default New player to PR just saying hello

Just finished up downloading and installing PR. I played a match and I've got to say it's damn near the closest thing to realistic I've seen. I'm new to the whole thing right now so I'm getting the hang of everything. I just got back into BF2 so I'm getting back into the controls also. Anything I should know like tips or anything to imporve myself as a solider?

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield
And again... Hello

~Strike
xStrike55x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: New player to PR just saying hello

Welcome to the community!

There is a steep, and sometimes boring, learning curve for PR - but once you get past it, it's really really fun.
Hope you stick around.

A good start is to read the manual(located in your PR folder), and to make sure your ingame VOIP is working. Communication is critical in PR, and joining a nice VOIP squad is a good start to any round. Plus they should be able to help you and make you feel right at home.

Also, a visit to the tactics section is never a bad idea.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
coxy52k

Send a message via MSN to coxy52k Send a message via Yahoo to coxy52k Send a message via Skype™ to coxy52k

VOIP is the key!

Listen to and follow orders

DON'T DIE!!! If under fire take cover!

Enjoy yourself!

coxy52k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
LUKE_NUKE_EM

Yes welcome to PR! Just a few newbie tips...

*Read the manual

*Dont use specialty kits (Sniper, AT, grenadier, medic, etc.) until you feel that you are proficient enough to do it on a live server.

*Dont pilot vehicles if you dont think you are good enough yet. Stay on training until you are ready.

*Dont give up. Most new players die 10039203 times in their first round. But once you get decent at the game you wont die as much.

*Have fun

LUKE_NUKE_EM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
xStrike55x

Thanks for the welcome!
xStrike55x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
=DAM=Wolverine

Welcome to PR, this game is by far the best out there. If you would like some help learning the kits, flying, squad tips. We are here to help new players out. Here is our thread...

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...w-players.html

We are the Standard
http://coreclans.com/
=DAM=Wolverine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
Mad-Mike

welcome to PR mate, you will enjoy it alot.

Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 AM   #8
-.-Maverick-.-

Send a message via MSN to -.-Maverick-.-

Wellcome man heres a tip from me.

If you see an enemy soldier (160m away from you) aiming at you DONT START AIMING and shooting at him. He is probably aiming you for a longer time and has a much steadier aim and a clearer shot. So if you see an enemy aimin at you get to cover and wait for a better chance to get him.

-.-Maverick-.- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:05 AM   #9
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKE_NUKE_EM View Post
*Dont give up. Most new players die 10039203 times in their first round. But once you get decent at the game you wont die as much.
ROFLMAO Oh Lord, you got my stomach hurting from laughing so hard.

He's right however, when I first started to play PR I'll bet I uninstalled it five times, but I kept coming back, now, I love it, and with all it's up's and downs, it's the greatest online community you will ever find. Hell it's almost done something the Church could never do, it's almost united the world.

Welcome to the club, and Wolverine is right, we will teach you.

=DaM= Gunner
Founder =DaM= Clan
http://damclan.net
Gunner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

Welcome,

I highly suggest you read the manual before you step onto the battlefield for the first time. Also it might help to play on a training server for a little while before you hope onto an active server. Some Clans offer a boot camp for new players if you are interesting in such things, but that might not be your cup of tea.

Basically try to hang back and stick to your squad lead like glue for awhile until you get the hang of everything. If you have any questions you can PM me.
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
player