project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Celestial1
Default 'Unguided' Hellfire Missiles

In order to make firing on the move, as well as hitting stationary targets, more idiot-proof, I would suggest adding in a new hellfire mode.

You aim, fire, and then the missile will guide itself into the area that the crosshair was on when fired.

This will make firing while hovering less of a hassle, since the hellfire could be fired off and then the helicopter could immediately retreat. While moving, the hellfire could be fired when the target was under the crosshair, and the hellfire would launch and hit that target; any stationary target will be much easier to hit, even if the pilot is jerking around and/or the helicopter is moving at high speeds.

To balance the ease-of-use of these missiles, it could be made so that only one missile can be fired off at a time, making sure that 5 targets couldn't be destroyed in a short time due to the fact that the gunner can aim at a new target as soon as the first missile is fired.

Alternatively, some mechanic may be implemented to make the gunner stay looking at the target for long enough for the hellfire to guide into the target, making the need for the gunner still aim at the target during the missile's flight, but not needed to aim directly at the target, allowing a bit of forgiveness if the pilot jerks the craft or if the craft is in motion.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
CAS_117

Default Re: 'Unguided' Hellfire Missiles

This is in the latest version of Combined Arms. You click once and the missile will land on the surface you clicked.
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_117 View Post
This is in the latest version of Combined Arms. You click once and the missile will land on the surface you clicked.
No wonder I kept missing moving targets.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #4
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503 View Post
No wonder I kept missing moving targets.
Well you can click again and it will update the target info.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
Spaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
That sounds like a good system.

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
MrScruff

Sounds like TV guided missiles but without the TV attached to the missile like it was in vBF2
MrScruff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
@bsurd

Sounds good, for me everything is fine what brings the choppers closer to RL. Right now they are a kind of joke.

@bsurd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Sparatan117

Send a message via MSN to Sparatan117

I think we should move this discussion to the other topic at hand which is alot more "realistic"
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...s-tanks-9.html
Sparatan117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
joethepro36

Quote:
I think we should move this discussion to the other topic at hand which is alot more "realistic"
I disagree as this is a valid suggestion and we'd bring the other thread off topic.
I'm all for this idea, it's a pain in the ass at times being unable to fire and forget. And this would make firing on the move, much, much more effective.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #10
Celestial1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
That sounds like a good system.
Agreed. Would love to see this added to the current PR helicopter arsenal, or even replacing the current guided missile mode altogether.

Man, you CA guys are one step ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117 View Post
I disagree. That thread refers to having helicopters lock on to all vehicles, whereas I am simply suggesting a point-and-click firing mode.

And until laser-ing requires the laser-ee to stand and hold the button while aiming at the target to sustain the lase, I will have none of this 'more realistic' business!
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hellfire, missiles, unguided