project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox
Default Sony PS3 price cut/ PS3 slim

Sony slashes PS3 price to $299, announces new Slim model - plugged in - Yahoo! Games

... you means its 300 dollars?.....

after i paid 500 for mine just 3 months ago....

o.o FML.

> > Oh well. Well played sony... well played...

at least more people should be buying one now... unless they don't like the way it looks. i personally think it's ok. It's simple. It's unique. It's a box. =D perfect.

> > And this means that more people should go out and buy the US version of MGS4.... < < so we can play online.

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
[EC]DR.NOobFragger

Default Re: Sony PS3 price cut/ PS3 slim

Hmm, I was thinking about upgrading my computer and it was going to cost around that much. But I have always wanted a PS3 and I am a big fan of MGS.

[EC]DR.NOobFragger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
creepin

the price is good, even better that they lowered power consumption.

the fatty ps3 uses as much power in standby as a refrigerator.

some honest advise: get a xBox 360, got way better games and a bigger community. also gets netflix streaming and games on demand soon.

the only thing that sucks bout it is the high failure rate, but hey, if it fails send it to M$ and they fix it for free..

just my 2c.

PS: I had a 360 and was very satisfied with it, maybe a bit on the loud side, but i use headphones anyways
esp. with Natal coming up this is one awesome console.

PS3 get pwned!
creepin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I play video games when i don't feel like moving, why the hell would i wanna move when playing video games on a 360?

ALSO, just because you have a bigger community doesn't mean it's better. It's full of smacktards.

> > Plus Little Big Planet is surprisingly funderful, and Metal Gear Solid: Online is a great game if you got people who would play it like they play PR during PRT.

Saying the same stuff about the 360 as everyone else isn't really advice, it's ignorance.

Both systems are really good, i just prefer my PS3 over the 360. I owned the 360 till i sold it to pay for gas XD.

Lastly, online play is free, they don't charge you for freaking EVERYTHING, and Sony didn't do a rip off of Mii's like the "New Xbox Live Experience" did.

And no, it doesn't have "way better games". It has halo, and gears of war. Woopdeefreakin doo.

Edit: Also, bluray. Just to put it in there. Cause i never say anything about it, might as well if you're going to bring up "s*** we already know"

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Even though it looks like people being fanboys. Its really not, as I supremely prefer my 360 to my PS3, get a PS3 if you prefer to play sport games and watch movies (blu-ray) however if you want to play action/warfare games then id say go for a 360. The only really good game that I have enjoyed over an Xbox 360 exclusive was Uncharted Drakes fortune, and might I add im looking forward to the next one a lot.

Also, if you buy a 360 new it should have a Jasper chipset and thus should fail way less often, if it fails at all.

Edit: It also has the new splinter cell, forza and alan wake. All 360 Exclusives
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
LithiumFox

Rachet and Clank, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo 5 (now with DAMAGE... if they do it right, and nascar, and rally.... =D), Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Killzone (amazing game, short, but amazing), uncharted, some other game.... > > resistance was ok... interesting...

The only reason a lot of games are no longer PS3 exclusive is because of how expensive the system was. =/ now that shouldn't be a problem anymore... XD tho they have lost this round i will say.. maybe next time they'll have a system out a year before microsoft.... =/ plus i also am a firm believer that the 360 uses mind control. :P

also, nice on the splinter cell... never would've thought of that.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
Cp

But the NES has super mario!

PEW PEW PEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
after i paid 500 for mine just 3 months ago....
Welcome to the world of electronics...

Its not suprising that sony pushed out a smaller PS3, they did the same with the PS1 (and renamed it PS "one" lulz) and the PS2.

It had it coming really, the PS3 is a freaking behemoth.

Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Bamboo

Quote:

ALSO, just because you have a bigger community doesn't mean it's better. It's full of smacktards.
Holy crap I couldn't have said it better myself. And most of them are little kiddies age 12 and under, and cuss nonstop because they haven't gotten old enough to realize that it just makes them sound extremely stupid. I have played with a friend's xbox live, and I will never buy one. Yes there are some good games, but just not worth it for the money. And no it isn't cheaper when you consider all the extras you have to buy to actually have it compete with the full features of the PS3.

PLUS!!!!! Microsoft expects you to PAY to have the joy of putting up with the smacktards. MS should be paying people to deal with that crap. At least PS3 online is free.

Only thing holding me back from not buying a PS3 is the lack of Hulu and Netflix. But I'm thinking about going with this instead, which was also just announced today:

Q100 and Q110 nettops

Mounts on the back of your TV and you'll never see it.
That with a PS3 slim for Blueray and games that are more fun on a console than a PC (like fighting games), and you would have the perfect setup.

Bamboo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

I see a lot of people are saying about PSN being free, well tbh with you, you get what youre paying for. All I have ever encountered on 3rd Party games (not Sony created) are disconections, host failures and a lot of lag and glitches. I feel that when you pay that £39 each year, youre actually paying for something good. And the party mode basically takes away the Smacktards and replaces them with youre friends. Hell you never even have to talk if you just party up with youre friends and both talk about a bunch of crap.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
creepin

Quote:
The only reason a lot of games are no longer PS3 exclusive is because of how expensive the system was. =/ now that shouldn't be a problem anymore... XD tho they have lost this round i will say.. maybe next time they'll have a system out a year before microsoft.... =/ plus i also am a firm believer that the 360 uses mind control. :P
actually the reason for this wasn't how expensive the system was, but its architecture.

The cell processor is an assymetric 7 Core processor. assymetric means no core can do stuff the other core can. and on top of that only 6 cores are available to developers, one core is reserved for the OS. and coding for 6 assymetric core is a pain in the ass from what i've read. but once you start it the results are pretty impressive. but nobody wants to start it.
the 360 has 3 symmetric cores, which do everything. so the developers don't have to divide each thread and assign each task to different cores. they can just throw it on there.
just to clear things up a bit.
creepin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cut or, price, ps3, slim, sony