project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Psycho
Default Anybody who has experience with the marines, please answer some questions.

In a year or two I want to enroll in the army most likly the marines but I want to know from people thats been there whats it like, the benifits, and is it worth it? I've been looking into it for about 2 years now.
Psycho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Anybody who has experience with the marines, please answer some questions.

I would recommend you go to your local recruitment center or armed forces careers office. There are knowledgable people here, but the information you get from the above, or from current/ex-servicemen will be much more reliable and current. (talk to a ex-serviceman especially, the Recruitment Sgt might just give you the party line)

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
gazzthompson

Default Re: Anybody who has experience with the marines, please answer some questions.

first things first, the marines are not in the US army :P

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
PR.Nato.Swordfish
Banned
Send a message via AIM to PR.Nato.Swordfish

First and foremost, go talk to your recruiter. I ve been out of the Marines for two years. They are the meanest, leanest toughest people you will ever have the pleasure (or misfortune) of meeting. Mentally demanding, you will never know what your getting yourself into, until you get into the thick of it. But despite all the harshness of how I talk of my fellow brothers, the amount of respect and self confidence you will gain by gaining the title of United States Marine is totally worth it in my book. Thats just my two cents.
PR.Nato.Swordfish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Psycho

I know the marines aren't the us army, I'm saying either because if I change my mind like to get some info on both.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
PR.Nato.Swordfish
Banned
Send a message via AIM to PR.Nato.Swordfish

US Army;
Aren't
Ready
***for the***
Marines
Yet
PR.Nato.Swordfish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

Like everyone else said, go see a recruiter. They can tell you everything better than anyone.

But remember they're a recruiter. They're there to recruit you. So be careful. The Marines (like any modern western fighting force) needs more recruits. So they'll try and recruit you no matter what.
Fullforce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Psycho

Lol, I just don't want to get in over my head if you know what I mean.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Don't worry, just don't sign anything and you'll walk out a civilian

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR.Nato.Swordfish View Post
US Army;
Aren't
Ready
***for the***
Marines
Yet
Thermis is going to kill you.

Psycho, if you want info on the Army, talk to Thermis. He's got all all the info you could possibly want.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
answer, experience, marines, questions