project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
00SoldierofFortune00

Default "Clear" Should be on the Comma Rose

IMO, "Clear" should be added to the comma rose so that after a squad has cleared a building or area of enemies, they can easily say "clear" quickly to know to keep moving as opposed to VOIP or Mumble which have lag. Maybe make it as a right clickable?

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Re: "Clear" Should be on the Comma Rose

+1.

Also, "Medic!" should be on the bandage commorose.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Agree with both.
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
*APG* <=130192=>

Yeah...it would make it easier and faster!

*APG* <=130192=> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Problem with clear: It's actually short for "stay clear!" when reviving. In english, the word for "area clear" and "stay clear" might be the same, but is it in chinese, arabic etc?
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Raptor007
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Problem with clear: It's actually short for "stay clear!" when reviving. In english, the word for "area clear" and "stay clear" might be the same, but is it in chinese, arabic etc?
That's a good point, but I don't think it's reason enough to leave out this otherwise excellent idea.

Personally, I have it set to only play English VO so I can understand what the heck my team-mates are telling me. In vBF2 there was an on-screen English translation for all that stuff, but not so in PR.
Raptor007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Vitiation

I know that in arabic they actually say: Get away or get clear... so it wont work for room clearing, but it would work for nades or c4

ChiefRyza - Just because we don't have an R- tag or a big post count doesn't make us mentally challenged.
Vitiation is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
ConscriptVirus

idk if it will be useful. usually in insurgency maps when my squad is around a area searching through each building , its hard to keep track on where each person is and when they say clear, it wont be clear on where they are and sometimes whos saying it.

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
Solid Knight

The context is "area clear of enemy threats" thus there will be no problem when translating.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
The context is "area clear of enemy threats" thus there will be no problem when translating.
The context in PR might be, but in BF2 vanilla, from where the sound files come, the context is "step back, I'm using these funny shock paddles!" - And so was the context of the arabic and chinese translation, and to native speakers of those languages it must sound odd when suddenly someone says "step back!" after clearing a room. Unless I don't understand you^^

Anyway, the idea isn't bad, but I'm not sure if I'd be happy with this solution. Especially with all the new community factions - there are a lot more native speakers for some of those languages here (german, french etc), and personally I'd be confused by people using it to say "area clear" while I hear "zurück!" [(stand) back!].
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clear, comma, rose