project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Nox.

Default Scoping resets deviation? ( few q. )

If I go prone, scope in, wait 3 secs for dev. to stabilise, unscope and scope in again my deviation will be sky high again or stabilised?

If I go prone, scope in, wait 3 secs etc. and crouch - deviation will be sky high again right?

Will turning 180 degrees using mouse ( slow and steady ) affect deviation?
Nox. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Scoping resets deviation? ( few q. )

1. afaik, it has no effect
2. Sadly, that also has no effect if I'm not mistaken (Except from the fact that some stances are more accurate than others of course - the change of stance does not reset accuracy though.)
3. If you're slow enough, it won't change much. It only depends on the speed.
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
hiberNative

deviation is not reset when scoping in and out. i just usually stop and when when i see someone, i scope in and shoot him. perfect accuracy.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Nox.

Why I am asking is because of eg. M249 scope. If I'm supposed to cover wide street I can do 2 things

1. Go prone and scope in, scan from left to right and backwards all the time. Hand hurts because of low sensitivity after scoped, also I'm f.cked if anything comes from the side. Very good engagement reaction time.
2. Go prone and leave it unscoped but prepared to do so. I can see all street but if something comes in it will take few seconds for me to set SAW in scoped mode and engage it. Engaging targets from the side it also better.

Any advices?
Nox. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
snooggums

Practice with the HAT in the same circumstances as I believe it follows the same deviation triggers (such as movement and turning but not to the same degrees) but it gives you a visual cue on what sets off the deviation.

The one issue with scoping when an enemy is seen is that it does take quite a bit of time. Being further away so you can see more area in your scope is what I would recommend.

snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
hiberNative

also, deviation is not (yet) affected by transitions between standing, crouched and prone. also good to know...

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
WilsonPL

Quote:
If I go prone, scope in, wait 3 secs for dev. to stabilise, unscope and scope in again my deviation will be sky high again or stabilised?
stabilised

Quote:
If I go prone, scope in, wait 3 secs etc. and crouch - deviation will be sky high again right?
NO

Quote:
NO

Deviation will be high only when you move (WSAD keys)
Hat kits deviation is defferent when you move your mouse deviatiion will increase.

WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Hat kits deviation is defferent when you move your mouse deviatiion will increase.
I thought that was the case with all weapons, just less?
[R-MOD]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
I thought that was the case with all weapons, just less?
It is, just to a much smaller degree.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozovich View Post

Basically for the time being all you need to remember is that the only thing that will affect your deviation significantly will be pressing WASD. Everything else has little or no effect.

This however is changing, thankfully, in BF2 1.5 patch they have implemented deviation when moving from either crouched or standing to prone. We can expect this to be well implemented into PR as soon as BF2 1.5 is released.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, resets, scoping