project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Leaving [PR] Good bye's.

Hi as most of you already know my name is R.J.Travis I am 22 years of age and a X - Beta tester I have had a great run with the PR mod and Team I'm here to say good bye, as I will no longer be playing the Mod or BF2 anymore.

I wish the best to everyone friend's and my foes.

Most people know me for my High level of tactic's skill as a player with a handicap of only having one arm.

I have learned to over come my disability and shown that I can and will hang with the best and not disappoint.

I'm leaving for a few private reason and a few public ones.

I just fully disagree where the mod is moving every patch and release farther away from realism and closer to catering to Game play and arcade systems.

The mod use to be the greatest thing I had every seen but It's been all down hill since 0.8 they totally did a 360 and started to add in arcade things like head shots not being a instant death and not adding in any thing like ballistics , FCS or a better re spawn system with FOBs and the way the rally's can be so easily over run with the enemy being clueless of them even being there.

Also the way they are putting assets on there maps making both teams having the same assets.

Was much better the way it was before having two tow hummers vs apcs and tanks its just to bland now.

I wish the best for the PR mod community and everyone in between I would like to thank you as well for providing a good mod so people can play and enjoy there self's on the BF2 engine.

I will be moving to a few other games, Aion Online , Start Craft 2 , ofp2 , arma 2 with ACE 2 mod, and a few others.

You can keep into contact with me via Xfire at RJTravis or via E-mail at Delta.Six@comcast.net

Best of luck;

Travis Romano.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
theiceman

Default Re: Leaving [PR] Good bye's.

i wish you the best of luck, Cya l8r man...

Through Superior Firepower
Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

Sad to see you go man. Had some fun Test Sessions.

Good luck on your future gaming

Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
cyberzomby

Shame to see a respected member take off for the public reasons posted there. I understand tho. Good luck on your future endeavors!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
Raegron

I don't really see the need to post a dramatic goodbye post on a public forum, but oh well. Goodbye, I guess.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Bye Travis, I only played with you once or twice, but I think they were good rounds.

I hope you try out subsequent releases to see if they conform more to your idea of a good game, like if some of teh Combined arms stuff gets added (ballistics, FCS, etc)

Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Shame to see you go Travis, hope you will still give v0.9 a shot once it comes out

All the best and thanks for all your hard work you put into this mod in the beta testing team!

Cheers!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #8
Conman51

weve all seen posts like this in patches like .8 and .85, but so far this is the only one one from .86

are you sure its just not the people you play with?

shame to see you go, hope you try out other patches

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegron View Post
I don't really see the need to post a dramatic goodbye post on a public forum...
Everyone who has been around knows Travis, thus I salute him for saying us his goodbye.

Be sure to check .9, we all have our ups and downs.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #10
mp5punk
Banned

Bye travis, i dont really know you but oh well nice to say bye.
Closed Thread

Tags
bye, good, leaving