project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
waldo_ii
Default Omnicide (BF2 Mod)

For those who don't know, Omnicide is a new zombie mod for BF2. When I first saw it, I thought "Ugh, another bad zombie mod with vanilla weapons and run'n'gun gameplay and shit," but I was bored enough to try it out and I changed my mind immediately. This is TONS of fun when a bunch of friends get togather on TS or Mumble. Changes include
  • Modified Vanilla maps - Small sections with linear defend-retreat-defend areas. For example, one map is from Warlord, but is limited just to the mosque, and a number of rooms have been blocked off. Most maps are now at night, and a number of explosive barrels and fences have been added.
  • Modified animations - Reload and draw animations have slowed down, forcing conservation of ammunition and proper marksmanship. The slow animations create a tense atmosphere.
  • Modified kits - Only five kits exist in the game, and they vary depending on the map. An M4, MP5, and shotgun kit, both with sidearms and grenades, a support kit with ammo, shock paddles, and a sniper rifle, and an explosives kit, with a useless M16A2, a useful M203, useless SRAW, and C4. Ammunition is sacred, so a team must have a support kit to survive.
  • Removed team swap menu - Unfortunately this also removed squadding, but TS and Mumble compensate. See below.

I was very impressed with the mod, and I made a few suggestions on their forums. I have a few gameplay videos from earlier today below, along with the official trailer and download link.

Official Trailer

Gameplay 1

Gameplay 2

Download Omnicide here - Version 2.5

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
vilhelm123

Default Re: Omnicide Mod Thread

Only problem is that with a group of people this is far to easy (as you've said in your suggestions post). Over at [T&T] we had a group of about 7 of us and the only threat was from getting shot by your mates...

Great little Mod though, nice to see that they had made an effort to improve the guns rather than just plump for the old BF2 ones.

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
Last edited by vilhelm123; 07-14-2009 at 05:08 PM..
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
waldo_ii

The best size group is three people, I think, one being support. I think that was the key to making the "Gameplay 2" round so much fun.

My suggestions that I made on their forums would make the game more challenging to larger groups of people without ruining it for smaller groups of three or so.

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Not sure if Mumble + video conversion + YT conversion have anything to do with it, but I sound like dwarf.
Then again if the VoIP software in question was TeamSpeak, I'd sound like Robocop.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Polka

Interesting, will try it out.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Looks good, might have to have a play with it later. Would be nice though if your team had a ticket bleed and had to get to the other side of the map in a certain time, with different possible routes.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
AppyUntinx

Default Re: Omnicide BF2 Mod

Looks ok, im off to give it a go
AppyUntinx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small

very fun mod, would recommend to people who want a break from PR, to kill zombies

Cpl.Small is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
hiberNative

haha, why didn't they remove the "medic!" when the zombies die? immersion breaker deluxe.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I always thought PR could do with a zombie game mode as a little easter egg or fun thing. Idea behind the game mode:

- Custom map or modified PR map, Ramiel at night would be perfect I think. Ideally needs TONS of enterable buildings and very tight streets and alleys and preferably at night with no NVG.
- All players start on the survivor team, except 1 player is randomly selected to become the zombie lord on zombie team. Any new joining players are auto-moved to zombie team, and you CANNOT change teams manually.
- When a survivor dies, he is immediately moved to the zombie team.
- Zombie Team has a short 5-10 second respawn time, and has some spawn points randomly dotted across the map in areas that cannot be spawn camped easily.
- Survivor team objective is to stay alive for X amount of minutes (guessing around 15-20 minutes). At the designated time, a helicopter will spawn on a chopper pad and survivors will be required to take off and fly to a place they cannot normally get to on foot to win.
- Zombie team can take lots of hits before going down, except of course headshot is instant kill.
- If zombie player does not press give up, within 30 seconds he is auto-revived from where he lays (unless shot in head).
- Zombie team only has 2 weapons, bite, which is instantly fatal but very short range and low rate of fire, and lunge, which does less damage but longer range.
- Survivor team starts with no guns, just knives and fists at start. Guns and ammo are randomly spawned in houses in logical places (not in the middle of the street). Most weapons and ammo will require you to break into some houses to find it etc.
- Guns would typically be pistols and shotguns, and other items like incendiary grenades or trip flares, assault rifles would be VERY rare. Only 1 weapon per kit ie: if you have a pistol you do not have a knife so you have to choose carefully and cover each other ie: one guy has a knife to cover near an entrance, one guy has the trip flares to setup alarms, one guy has pistol for perimeter defense, etc etc
- Maps should have ALOT of breachable doors and barracades to make things interesting.

I think would be a great game mode and prety easy to setup, would add some little bit of fun to the mod, since we already do this anyways hehe
Last edited by fuzzhead; 07-14-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Tags
bf2, mod, omnicide, thread