project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Gooze
Default People giving away cache locations on Insurgency

Isn't there anyway to stop this from happening? I've noticed it's been happening a lot more than usual lately and it's really stupid when some loser who has no life has to go ruin someone else's game.
Gooze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter
Default Re: People giving away cache locations on Insurgency

It's a lot harder to do now than it used to be. Back when all of the caches spawned at the start of the round, all that was needed was one team-switcher and you were screwed.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

kick them?

You can't really stop that some cases i heared of ppl doing it secertly thoguh TS or xfire... :\

[R-DEV]Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
Gooze

But most of the time you can't even tell who it is, airs0ft, that's the main problem with this.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
stoobywon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
It's a lot harder to do now than it used to be. Back when all of the caches spawned at the start of the round, all that was needed was one team-switcher and you were screwed.
That's a problem too.. But I think he means that people are spawning on the unknown caches and defending them when the coalition would otherwise have no idea they were there. Maybe disabling the spawn on those caches until the coalition is close to getting the intel would help.

But I could be the one misunderstanding it too.
stoobywon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Well, since he's calling them "no-life losers", I think this goes a bit further than making a mistake

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
Gooze

I mean people who go on TS and talk to US members and tell them where the caches are etc.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
JKRMAUI

It defeats the point of victory. I believe in winning at all costs...but I draw the line at cheating/hacks. Use the devices you have in game. I do not need outside help, I am capable with the tools at my disposal.

Blufor needs to work together more to be effective in INS. People are still trying to adapt. Rarely, and I mean rarely is one squad enough to tackle an enemy cache.

The cheaters are normally easy enough to spot. Lonewolves, or a small locked squads. That's what I've seen. Rarely do I see an open pup squad cheating.

It is extremely hard to identify cheaters. So admins, please double check when it comes to it. A good friend of mine was temp banned off a server because they thought we were cheating. I'm still damn confused how they locked onto our squad, since we were working with other squad attacking known caches.

Spotted a Techy moving to an area, so we followed. Found a hideout, and got into a massive battle. The admins said "Cheaters will be banned" "Don't cheat" starting accusing our team of cheating. Banned my friend who was leading us.

This game is very team played. A lot of the player base is honorable and honest. Don't go off on people like zealots. Listen to evidence.

The only thing worse than cheaters, are server admins who act like lunatics. Treat players the way you want to be treated.

Most of the cheaters who I've run across drop off the server as soon as they are called out. Why? Because they know they are busted, or panic and try to vanish. I have seen people down talk it. "Oh you just say that because your bad" and make other remarks trying pin it on the ins team being crappy. Cheaters try to avoid the topic of cheating all together. So they divert the convo, or leave hoping the admins can't permaban them.

They normally aren't that hard to spot. Hell, if you really have your doubts. Log onto a casual non tagged account, kick some one who's in the squad to "make room for an admin" and join up. Listen, normally if an SL or other has an idea where the cache is they will tell their squad mates. The VOIP convo will give it away.
Last edited by JKRMAUI; 07-03-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

If caches were to be fought over one at a time, it would defeat the effort to leak the intel on the second cache, but doesn't stop the twats giving away the next one after the first is destroyed.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
dtacs
Supporting Member

One cannot really find them till you see 2 people who were on different teams either in the same squad, or a locked one in an apc/tank etc.

If you see them on separate teams, then one teamswitches, bingo.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cache, giving, insurgency, locations, people