project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
strickt
Default Healing Self Bug

Description:
When Im injured as a medic and attempt to heal myself I lie down on the ground look up and heal however the + symbol dosnt show in the bottom right of the screen (this also includes when standing looking down to heal)

Steps to Reproduce:
Im pretty sure it happens at all times, however im not usually a medic and when i do become a medic its after picking up a kit. So it might only apply to healing after picking up a medic kit.

Tested On:
So far every map mode and server ive played on ive noticed it.

Video Settings (if needed):
Dont think it has to do with video setting however Im on everything high including 16x AA controlled by nvidia control panel.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Anaraith
Default Re: Healing Self Bug

Its a vBF bug I believe. I used to get this to back when playing normal Battlefield 2.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
AppLeNaToR
Supporting Member

Uhm but healing in BF2 works WAY different than in PR so it wont appear there in this way.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Engineer

That is not a bug, it has been like that since the day 'medic cant heal themself like in vanilla' feature was implemented. It was considered to be a bug by then, I think. But Dev's agreed to leave it that way.

That is because you can't monitor the situation around you, only the ants on the ground and birds above.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
strickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
That is not a bug, it has been like that since the day 'medic cant heal themself like in vanilla' feature was implemented. It was considered to be a bug by then, I think. But Dev's agreed to leave it that way.

That is because you can't monitor the situation around you, only the ants on the ground and birds above.
Thats strange cause when i first started playing when id heal myself id get the + but now i dont. oh well if the devs are happy then im happy
Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
CyrusPI

Maybe I'm completely off here, but I believe the medical red cross sign, displayed in PR gray in-game are there in the bottom right of the screen, it's just that the intensity of the blood screen when shot is so strong and thick, it just happens to block you from seeing the logo.

Overtime, as a medic, when healing myself up after being shot, I can faintly see the gray cross under the blood screen. I know I'm being healed, because the blood's lightening up and the coughing becomes less.

Maybe it's just not visible under the blood screen. That's what I determined it to be, because healing still works fine, it's just I don't have the gray symbol as a visual cue.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
theflidgeface

it think i have the same problem
Old 06-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
HeXeY

I've had this several times, it occurs after picking up a medic kit. Many of these times I haven't had the blood screen so I know for sure it wasn't working.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
strickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusPI View Post
Maybe I'm completely off here, but I believe the medical red cross sign, displayed in PR gray in-game are there in the bottom right of the screen, it's just that the intensity of the blood screen when shot is so strong and thick, it just happens to block you from seeing the logo.

Overtime, as a medic, when healing myself up after being shot, I can faintly see the gray cross under the blood screen. I know I'm being healed, because the blood's lightening up and the coughing becomes less.

Maybe it's just not visible under the blood screen. That's what I determined it to be, because healing still works fine, it's just I don't have the gray symbol as a visual cue.
Ya i thought it might be that so when i went on last night i choose medic and tried healing and it definitely does not show up anymore, however when i heal a friendly it pops right up, the problem is when I'm trying to heal myself I'm not sure if I'm in the right position and that its actually working until the blood and choking sound/animation have ended its very annoying.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Sgt.ViperMax

for me, looking down doesn't show the cross but when I'm looking up it does show.
Closed Thread

Tags
bug, healing, medic, symbol