project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Mad-Mike

Default Review 0.86 patch

I like this new patch but there is some bad points about it.

Good Points

1.Texture of everything is improved looks awsome
2.Civilian Kit is improved and stops them being shot now when you put ur hands up, but you still get the happy trigger person that shoots everything in sight.
3.Armored Vehicles, the drivers view is alot better.
4.SAW gun with scope, love it! cleans up squads no problem
And Many more to much to mention.

Bad Points

1. You have took the Lynx of Al Basrah why? my opinion you need air transport on it.
2. The British SA80 Rifle sounds like a BB gun wtf?
3. Insurgents Weapons are stupidly inaccurate, You might aswell take the RPG and not use it on PR no more, I only want to be a insurgent now just as a civilian.

What are you opinions?

Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Review 0.86 patch

Quote:
2. The British SA80 Rifle sounds like a BB gun wtf?
before it sounded like an asthmatic ant's cough while he carried his heavy shopping up ben nevis...

sounds like a gun now in comparison

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

2. Sound is way more better than before.
3. INS small arms is same as before, but i agree with RPG(and all LAT) accuracy, way too high settle time

Quote:
2.Civilian Kit is improved and stops them being shot now when you put ur hands up, but you still get the happy trigger person that shoots everything in sight.
i was an APC gunner last night, yes, hands up is good to determine who is civilian, but i personally dont care anymore who is civi and who is not, because now their RoE changes work and most of civis are allowed to attack.
In the end of round i rack up 40-50 kills and killed at least 8-10 civis and i was never punished
other thing is when you're in APC its better to overkill when you re not sure who is behind window or wall, IED guy or civi.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Last edited by DankE_SPB; 06-22-2009 at 05:58 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Who said they implemented civilian hands up is to not get shot? It's obviously implemented so they can pray at the local mosque!

Wh1tE_Dw4rF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
cyberzomby

Removal of lynx: You should talk to jollyroger! I really support the removal of the lynx. Sure it added something nice, but the map is so small you can easily walk everything when absolutly every transport has gone down.

And the accuracy of Ins weapons, didnt feel it in a fallujah round today but I really felt in in basrah :P I probably played different so I couldnt hit anything in Basrah.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Mad-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
before it sounded like an asthmatic ant's cough while he carried his heavy shopping up ben nevis...

sounds like a gun now in comparison
Sounds like a gun now?
LOL sorry but come on its sounds perfetic, ive shot this weapon many of times and not one bit does it sound anything like it or any other weapon.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Removal of lynx: You should talk to jollyroger! I really support the removal of the lynx. Sure it added something nice, but the map is so small you can easily walk everything when absolutly every transport has gone down.
but you have to admit, a 32 layer could have been implemented that lacked most of the rovers. That way you'd have to rely on Transport assets all game, making IEDs more deadly. There is no reason to completely remove a fun and useful asset. Ins loved hunting it, Brits loved using it.

I remember one mumble night

(2 is the challenger, 1 is my infantry squad, 3 is another infantry squad, I think that was Wicca)

"2 from 1 over"

"2 copies"

"1, move to Bravo 3 kp 3, Squad 3 will receive evac in approx 5minutes, ensure the LZ is safe, over" (or words to that effect)

"Squad 2 copies, we're on the way"

"1, roger that, 1 out."

Thats teamwork. Thats fun, why stop it?

Quote:
LOL sorry but come on its sounds perfetic, ive shot this weapon many of times and not one bit does it sound anything like it or any other weapon.
did the previous sound really sound better? because It thought it sounded horrible, or did it sound better on Low sound quality?

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Mad-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]cyberzomby View Post
I disagree there, Al Basrah is my fravourite map and when all the jeeps, trucks and apc's go, they never return to base only when they have been blown up and they respawn, APC transport on Al Basrah is Poor
Lynx helped out alot, especialy when it was a good pilot,
and when you walk you will never get to the location u want to get to, u will die before reaching ur location and if you dont have a Rally point or firebase its a pain in the A$$

Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

I've fired the L85, it sounded quite good when I tested it a while back, could have changed though.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Duc

I'd have to agree with Rudd, the lynx was so fun on Basrah. Flying through PKM fire and RPGs was just awesome. Also there have been many dimes where squads have needed evac to quickly get to another cache. The only really quick way to do this was with the lynx... no longer.

It's a damn shame they had to remove it, especially with that new Al Basrah 24/7 server, i could be flying that thing all day!

Transport Pilots kick ass.
Duc is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
086, patch, review