project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Caboosehatesbabies

Default The benefits of the scoped LMG's

Personally, I cannot wait until all conventional factions have scoped LMG's because it put something in PR that the game was severely lacking, effective suppression. I know back in .8 and even in .85 I had a hard time respecting suppressive fire. I knew that if a squad was firing to pin me down or using an AR, then I could run from cover and have a reasonable chance of making it to where I was running due to the deviation.

Now, I find myself diving for every bit of cover I can find when an AR opens up on the street. Smoke is making a huge come back, and people are actually checking corners before they run out into the street.

Devs, please, don't listen to those who think they are overpowered, because they are perfect.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
ChiefRyza
Default Re: The benefits of the scoped LMG's

I agree with everything here, the LMG system adds a whole new tactical element to PR. Great work DEV's, youve done a fantastic job. Don't listen to all the nubcakes who still think they can waltz towards an LMG like they used to be able to. If you think before attacking an LMG, it's quite easy to flank. You now require teamwork to survive in a lot of situations, I LOVE it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current project: Operation Tempest
Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Snazz
Supporting Member

I concur.

It's not overpowered IMO, it's realistic to have at least one LMG in a squad and game play is more immersive when you're actually threatened by machine guns.

If balancing issues do arise, I would much prefer that other weapons were improved in lethality rather then nerf the LMG.

The new scopes/zoomed sights are vastly more useful to me than the 0.85 sights, previously you could see more around you to counter flanking but far less of what you're actually aiming at.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I like it as well. Insurgents shouldn't be able to pick it up though, as many people will just walk off with their wonder weapon, dieing and giving it to the insurgents
Old 06-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
gclark03

It's being exploited, but it'll be perfect once it's fixed.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
CAS_117

K how do you exploit a gun? Maybe there's other problems than "the saw is ovarpoward".

*Edit: ok I misunderstood you.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
gclark03

You exploit the limited kit system to have more than one per squad. That ruins the perfection of the new feature.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
I like it as well. Insurgents shouldn't be able to pick it up though, as many people will just walk off with their wonder weapon, dieing and giving it to the insurgents
Yeah, that's a big problem, it should be solved by removing the ability to pickup enemy kits.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
CanuckCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark03 View Post
You exploit the limited kit system to have more than one per squad. That ruins the perfection of the new feature.
The gun can be picked up anyways from dead people. If there are 2 for squad, so what? If you have 2, then the enemy will have 2. I think people are finally realizing that by making weapons realistic only bring more realistic gameplay than by nerfing the weapons to force semi-realistic gameplay.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
gclark03

It took them long enough, but I think they're finally catching on. Couldn't agree more there.

Tags
benefits, fire, lmg, scoped, suppression