project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
PikachuEXE
Send a message via MSN to PikachuEXE
Default 0.86 sucks when playing as insurgent

Why?
Got spawn killed by humvee or scpoed MG
civi still got 120 spawn
army still trigger happy
RPG really sucks at accuracy(and it's not gonna kill any infrantry)

I really hate the spawn kill in mos
this gives them more easy kills

I think if someone kill insurgent within 50m from mos
they should lose IP
and make every IED on sapper an arty IED
or it wont kill any armor

taliban is too strong
because on maps with taliban, we got no APC with cannon and tank, only got crappy humvee and maybe stryker(only 1)
the one with outpost:
base rape, hard to climb mountain, unless we move the base to the mountain US never wins
the one with castle:
taliban got tech and AA missile, wow
so we need to attack from the ground with crappy humvee which can be killed by RPG, RKG, grenade launcher, tech, grenade trap, hand grenade, IED and mine
great...just great
Old 06-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
$pyker
Banned

Default Re: 0.86 sucks when playing as insurgent

called asymmetrical warfare... get used to it. There have been many "insurgent sucks" threads and they are all bogus. Play by yourself and how you would a regular army you will fail you need to use hit and run tactics and the city to get close to your enemy where your iron sights are at an advantage.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

only thing i agree with is the RPG accuracy, makes it damn awkward at times to take out a humvee as you cant pop round a corner and dispense of it, though i'm sure with time people will adapt

so what if you die alot as ins, if you managed to kill even one blufor guy you did more damage then they have to your team.

ex |TG-31st|
AnimalMotherUK - YouTube
vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl "

Arte et Marte
Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
gazzthompson

INS need RP's , then they would be perfect!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Eh? Weird, I am loving it the PKM rules, and don't get me started about when I get my hands on an american LMG...

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

god mate no idea... if your getting ur behind handed to you its prob coz your doing the whole vbf2 rush and guns, try some tactics mate belive me will help you greatly

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]tonnie15 View Post
god mate no idea... if your getting ur behind handed to you its prob coz your doing the whole vbf2 rush and guns, try some tactics mate belive me will help you greatly
i just posted this story in another thread (Remove or Improve Insurgency) which shows how the tactics in the Insurgents side beat any BLUFOR team:

this is long, but it would be epic, i think:

"well, carrying on, insurgents should start using civies. one of my sqd mates went running to get a civi (arrest him), as he had his hands raised, he ran for him and died, and i hear him say "oh, I fell for it :P" (he didnt say the :P thingy). This was a VERY important move to do (which clearly shows how the insurgents can disobey, and in the game should disobey to get an edge over the battle, now with the 'realistic' Insurgents weapons and accuracy. they should climb rooftops and wait for a civi (which is with them) spot a BLUFOR. then the insurgents should pop up behind cover, and shoot them. this tactic is awesome, because according to the the laws of war, the coallition cant injure (which includes killing) civies, so they couldnt just lob a grenade over there. now, the insurgents are shooting the "HeLL Outta the BLUFOR", while they scramble to find cover, and some of the BLUFOR soldiers already died because they got shot or RPGed by the insurgents on the rooftop. Now, the BLUFOR, if the SL is smart, has popped smoke (JUST A NOTE: IF UR SL DOESNT SAY U CAN THROW A GRENADE OR A SMOKE, DONT THROW A GRENADE OR A SMOKE! IT GIVES AWAY UR POSITION!!!! THE INSURGENTS DONT NORMALLY HAVE TEAMWORK, SO ANY FIGHTING IS AN ISOLATED WORLD, CONTRARY TO THE BLUFOR, which HOPEFULLY will report the STATS to the CO or through team chat, asking for support.! ok, now the insurgents are running low on ammo because they shot the hell out of the smoke as well. using the smoke as cover, the BLUFOR sqd will move to a safe location to whether climb the building where the insurgents were (considering the building a building without ladders to the rooftop, being the only way to climb it would be with a collaborator (civi)) or get to another building to try to snipe then with their accurate ACOG and AIMPOING M16s. but the insurgents were smart, the building they were using had walls around it, which are tall enough so the insurgents can go prone and stay concealed from the blufor's point of view (because hopefully the insurgents will be in a building taller than the ones around). as the insurgents location isnt helping the blufor, they have to go and rope to the rooftop. but there are now 2 other problems: first, the moment they get to the rooftops they will find some fidels aiming at them, because they saw the rope. so the SL predicted that, so he smoked the rooftop so the insurgents never see the rope coming. but they heard, and are right next to the rope waiting for someone to climb. again, the BLUFOR cant throw a grenade because of the civi. well, the SL now knows that he cant climb the rope because a guy just died even before he got out of the rope. what the sqd didnt realize was the second problem: as was every sqd member amused by the guy climbing the rope to the rooftop just to get shot, the squad is now pinned down by hordes of violent-starving insurgents coming through ground level (because they saw the smoke and heard the shots) and the guys at the rooftop. cover looks small. ammo is getting scarce. the LMGunner got killed by getting flanked/"sniped" by the rooftop. there are only a few squad members living. the Sqd cant throw nades because more civis showed up. the SL order the soldiers to throw smoke around them, so they can attempt falling back and getting cover in another location, while they wait for the dead SM to respawn, especially the LMG. but as they try to fall back, they realize there are insurgents in every possible exit of the conflict zone. the rally point was taken out, and the SL cant setup another one because of the timer to make another rally after one has been overuned. it isnt safe at all for a medic to attempt to save someone wounded because of the time it takes to heal them. the smoke got dense, now the insurgents are closing in even more to the sqd's survivors. the Sqd survivors pray that the some sqds come help them. the APC cant shoot because of the location (he would probably get IED'd or RPG'd, or he would shoot a civi). so it stays far. another INF sqd comes from behind to try to save the survivors, but the situation isnt good yet because of the guys in the rooftop. they still cant climb it. the insurgents on the rooftop are out of ammo now, but they still have knives to any climbing attempt. the insurgents on the ground are dead, but the BLUFOR doesnt have much ammo now, because they couldnt use nades bcz of the civis. some of the supporting sqd died, but is getting revived. but another thing happens. the insurgents had enough time to spawn back, and the 2 sqds are again pinned down and with no rally, so if they die they will have to spawn at the main base, which is VERY far away and has no vehicles because all of them got blown up by the insurgents. the smoke is dicipating, so the insurgents have easier shots, and they can lob nades on the BLUFOR because there are no Coalition civis. the blufor smokes again, and it's still pinned down. the Sniper Sqd got some kills, but the smoke didnt help them, so they get useless. they will, though, report the last thing the infidels will read (or hear through a commander). What did they report coming?

*THIS*

now everyone's dead. civis, insurgents, blufor. the blufor is stuck at the main base, because the APC got killed looking for some action. there are no firebases or Rallys available. the sniper squad is still alive, but what can they do? the conflict area looks like somewhere that got nuked. a thick dust plum makes it difficult to see the dead bodies.

the result? the Blufor cant go back to action without a VERY long walk, and they lost a bunch of tickets because of the ones that died and the APC that got blown up. what does this mean?

This means that the coalition lost the round, because of one single fight, which was extremely well played by the insurgents, which clearly utilized the laws of war against the infidels."

SO, INSURGENTS, USE TACTICS AND NOT JUST LONERS!!!! TEAMWORK FTW!!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
TheLean
Supporting Member

The only thing i agree with the OP on is that the taliban should be separated from the insurgency mode to make it more even, perhaps with 7 caches or so only. The taliban is so much superior to the insurgents in many ways. The best thing would be to make the number of caches different for different maps.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
sakils2
Banned

Am I the only one who thinks BLUEFOR shouldn't have RP's on Insurgency maps, and the OPFOR should (atm Taliban can place RP's, Iraqi INS cannot). This is to simulate that the BLUEFOR needs to make outposts (FIREBASES) in order to control the ground, get reinforcements, ordnance. And to simulate that conventional armies are not as mobile as INS. Iraqi INS should be able to set RP's because they are a mobile force, they are guerillas (just like Talibans). Don't know about AAS.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakils2 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks BLUEFOR shouldn't have RP's on Insurgency maps, and the OPFOR should (atm Taliban can place RP's, Iraqi INS cannot). This is to simulate that the BLUEFOR needs to make outposts (FIREBASES) in order to control the ground, get reinforcements, ordnance. And to simulate that conventional armies are not as mobile as INS. Iraqi INS should be able to set RP's because they are a mobile force, they are guerillas (just like Talibans). Don't know about AAS.
agree. the INS need RP's at the minimum. here is how a cache defense happens at the moment:

BULFOR attacks cache, kills most INS at range. see's INS flood from alley 100m away and moves in, kills hideout (only spawn withing 250m?) then kills cache. rinse and repeat.

the INS seem to have very little spawns, when really they should have loads.

Tags
086, insurgent, playing, sucks