project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
fubar++
Default Change for ticket system: Gaining tickets by captured flags

I don't recall if this has been suggested before and search for ticket system will give you zillions of results, so therefore making a suggestion for new ticket system.

I came to this idea just minutes ago after round end at Muttrah while being as a sniper most of time of the round. For my point of view it was best to get as much of kills I could, but for the team best result did came by giving laser targets for strategic targets like firebases and such, of course.

Now by winning you need as much kills (and destroyed assets) as you can and minimum losses for your own team. The flags don't have that much of importance except if loosing one will give you ticket bleed - I could say that they actually don't have any importance of all, but that's not entirely true.

To give area control much more gain the suggestion is to change the ticket system based on how much and how long your team holds the flags. For example for each minute your team holds one flag you get one ticket, for two flags two and so on. So the round would either end for certain amount of gained tickets or by time limit.

You might think that after the change there wouldn't be any consequence for kill/death ratio, but that's not entirely true either, because if you team gains lot of losses it wouldn't capture and hold flags effectively.

I hope I didn't explain the idea too complicated, and it haven't been suggested before. It might not be the ultimate solution, but neither is the present one.
fubar++ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Oddsodz
Default Re: Change for ticket system: Gaining tickets by captured flags

I Like this

Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
Spuz36

This would help eliminate the 'kills only' people, and encourage more core teamwork. People need to know this, if it takes effect, or we need to get the point out there first because it took awhile for people to notice that vehicle deaths are harmful to tickets.

Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
alberto_di_gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar++ View Post
The flags don't have that much of importance except if loosing one will give you ticket bleed -

Plus gaining ticket will make the game much more longer which may be a problem I guess.

For most regular people (working or studying daily) like me, playing PR is possible only in spare times after work/school which is most usually is the night time. If I'm lucky I may give my 2 - 2.5 half-hour which means I can play 2, if lucky 3 maps in a normal routine night. Really don't wanna see longer map times which cause me less maps to play
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_di_gio View Post

For most regular people (working or studying daily) like me, playing PR is possible only in spare times after work/school which is most usually is the night time. If I'm lucky I may give my 2 - 2.5 half-hour which means I can play 2, if lucky 3 maps in a normal routine night. Really don't wanna see longer map times which cause me less maps to play
or if you have kids like me(2 years old)so only time for me is just to play at night.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
killonsight95
Supporting Member

flags work on a points system for ticket bleeds to work (once the opsing team gets 100 points you get a ticket bleed) i don't see how we could make this work the other way but it could be hardcoded in a strange way or have some bugs, also could be xploited,by letting the enemy turn it white and then go in and wipe them out you get exrta tickets while making theirs less(this will also happen if you make it so the other team loose tickets when a flag is lost)

so gameplay wise i don't think this is possible

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
Madhouse
PR Server License Administrator

+1 to this suggestion, been needed for a long time.

Madhouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
MyOdessa
Supporting Member

Not a bad idea at all. Especially on maps like Muttrah where US often looses docks and start losing tickets. Regaining tickets will give more incentive for teamwork and squad co-operation.
MyOdessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
killonsight95
Supporting Member

yes but it can exploited to easly

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Double post sorry