project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
CAS_117

Thumbs up Combined Arms Beta Test 0.97: Saturday, 1 pm Eastern Standard Time

At risk of being sent to the gallows I would like to inform all interested that we are starting the first of the last few Combined Arms public beta tests this weekend.

Combined Arms Forums

You will need 0.86 to run Combined Arms (Available Friday).

Files :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5BGS2EV

Here is the installer:

Due to certain ppl's retardation, we will be starting the server on SUNDAY instead.

Schedule:

Saturday June 10th: CA Files + 0.86 Available

Sunday: Server will start promptly at 1 pm Eastern time US

The following has changed from our previous test:

Weapons Changes:

Credits to SolidKnight and Alex6714 for the TV guided weapons.

- Tried fixes for Laser Guided Weapons to improve reliability.
- Moved Radar on aircraft to face forward to ease use.
- Added TV mode for all bombs and missiles. Munitions are guided by clicking now.

Pilot workload is much lower, and accuracy is much higher, as you can see in that screenshot.

Added IR view to the Javelin.

Ok housekeeping done, here's the big changes:

Fully functional Carrier. Complete with Catapult and Arrestor Cables:

How do I use them?

Primary Fire: Arm left catapult.

Secondary Fire: Arm Right catapult.

X Key: Arm Arrestor Cable.

Once the catapult is armed all the pilot has to do is throttle up. It will do the rest.

F-35 Lightning II

*Stealth Properties: Will be difficult to detect from the front and side angles.

New Skins

Re-skinned the M1A2 Abrams.

Re-skinned the F-18C

All credit to [EEF]Burton for the paint jobs.

Maps:

We will be including 2 maps from Project Reality 0.86 into the current Combined Arms build. If they are at all successful then we will keep them.

These maps will be centered around offense vs defense. The attacking forces will have superior offensive firepower and mobility while the defensive team will have tough static defenses and defensive spawns.

The spawns we have included at each flag are destructible rally points, but will respawn in 5 minutes.

Muttrah City

Muttrah City has a slight rearrangement in flags. The entire city is occupied by the MEC who have spent days setting up fortifications within the city. The key for the US is to suppress the enemy beach emplacements for the landing forces to get ashore, and the key for the MEC is to preserve their emplacements to cause as many casualties on the invasion force as possible.

*Note: The static ZIS-3 Cannons can be used for indirect fire.

US forces:

2x AH-1Z
1x Attack huey
3x UH-1N
4x LAV-25
4x RHIB

MEC Forces:

2x BMP-3
2x T-72M1M
6x Static Artillery guns
Numerous ZPU-4 AAA guns
Numerous HJ-8 ATGMs and static MGs
Vodniks and Trucks scattered around the city

Seven Gates

7 Gates has also received a slight overhaul. The situation involves a US Army Armored platoon attempting to break through a series of Chinese bases. It is the same offense/defense layout as Muttrah. Chinese forces attempt to halt and contain the US advance, while American forces try to eliminate resistance. Air support is canceled due to deteriorating weather conditions.

The Chinese will have access to an array of static weapons such as ATGMs and ZIS-3 Guns located on the opposite side of the river.

US Army Forces

2x M1A2
2x M2A2
2x Supply Trucks
2x HMMWV
2x Logistics trucks

PLA Forces

2x Logistic Trucks
2x WZ115 IFVs
2x Nangins
3x ZIS-3 Artillery
Assorted HJ-8s and HMGs

Weather effects

We are currently testing a rain effect. It has a few bugs so its very WIP. By Friday we will have made some changes in all likelyhood.

Mapping edits are thanks to Sniper Dog.

Let me remind you once again that all of this stuff is WIP and subject to change. This being a beta test please help us find bugs by making a report in the bug section of the Combined Arms forums.

combinedarms.myfreeforum.org :: Bug Reports

Other than that please give feedback and questions.

combinedarms.myfreeforum.org :: Ideas and Complaints

Thanks for reading. See you there soldier!
Last edited by CAS_117; 06-21-2009 at 11:18 AM..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
jag566

Default Re: Combined Arms Beta Test 0.97: Saturday, 1 pm Eastern Standard Time

nice work
lol sweet that give me two thing to look forward too this friday
jag566 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Holy crap. Rain. And Muttrah with MORE VIEW DISTANCE! Hopefully there is going to be a lot people so we can test out them assault maps. Then again, people are going to be attracted to AA3, Arma2, .86 and all those. Very very nice work though, CAS.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
Peeta
Supporting Member

I've haven't been keeping up with CA, so excuse me for asking, but what engine did you use? If the BF2, then how did you get rights?

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
PlatinumA1

Once again for people who are bound to state absurd opinions

Quote:
Let me remind you once again that all of this stuff is WIP and subject to change. This being a beta test please help us find bugs by making a report in the bug section of the Combined Arms forums.
and at fighter...This is a addon/testing ground for PR....how did they obtain rights to do such work? Well I'm sure CAS or someone will respond soon to your question(s)
PlatinumA1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Technically all mods are done using the Python coding method, which is actually allowed by the BF2 EULA. =)

So in reality, anyone can go out and mod BF2 so long as they don't break the EULA, which is usually by modifying the EXE, or releasing the game's files in your own mod, like if the PR team was like "Hey, we'll completely modify the BF2 exe and put it in our game and release it!"

=) Which explains the actual PR.exe which is more of an addon side-by-side with the BF2.exe, which IS legal =)

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
Peeta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
Technically all mods are done using the Python coding method, which is actually allowed by the BF2 EULA. =)

So in reality, anyone can go out and mod BF2 so long as they don't break the EULA, which is usually by modifying the EXE.
Never mind, gotta keep in mind, there is an engine limitation...

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

because Fastropes are hardcoded into the BF2.exe. (which is illegal to edit.. > >)

We can really only edit what we can access via Python, doesn't mean you can access everything =(

Actually, most of what has been done was made via workarounds =)

Eg. Deployable Assets, Requestable Kits.

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Peeta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
because Fastropes are hardcoded into the BF2.exe.

We can really only edit what we can access via Python, doesn't mean you can access everything =(

Actually, most of what has been done was made via workarounds =)

Eg. Deployable Assets, Requestable Kits.
kk, ty

(insert more characters here)

Well it definitely looks like an interesting thing to play, so I think I'll participate in this!

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
kk, ty

(insert more characters here)

Well it definitely looks like an interesting thing to play, so I think I'll participate in this!
I might also....

Sometimes i wonder what PR would be like today if CAS had still been around... I don't like this entire "addon-to-pr" thing....

I want some things in my damn pr itself...

^_^ Like that lift thing on the carrier. That's just badass.... XD

Tags
097, arms, beta, combined, eastern, jizz in my pants, saturday, standard, test, time