project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox
Default Metal Gear Online

METAL GEAR SOLID: ONLINE IS REGION LOCKED...
What does that mean?

Certain copies of the game will only connect to certain servers, even if you try to play with friends via friendlist. > > So... there are a few possibilities. We can

1) Create a European, middle eastern, American, and Asian teams.
2) All spend about 23 dollars in US currency and buy the US version of the game
3) > > rage towards konami complaining about region lock, and hope they patch it so we can play against whomever we want, at least in custom games.
4) Rage quit.

it's a bit disapointing, but ... hey =D At least there are some ideas. Also, if you keep giving your id's, at least you might find someone willing to back you up! =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Own a Playstation 3? Have a PSN? Own Metal Gear Solid 4 and wish for more filling gameplay, and not the run-and-gun glitching idiocy that happens on it on a daily basis?

Well then the Metal Gear Online Reality Group is for you!

Why create a new thread for this? We have a PSN thread and a MGO thread. Why?!

I never really felt that the MGO thread actually was about getting together and playing in scheduled events over a continuous period of time.

Currently we are in the discussion stages, as I do not know how many people would partake in these events, nor how many people actually own both a PS3 and MGS4 (I didn't own a PS3 for about... a year after i got MGS4 haha)

My biggest rule is that everyone should play it like they play PR. Take their time and work as a team. With SOP I see there shouldn't be ANY reason not to work as a squad.

They should study camouflage and try and spend time earning the proper camouflage for whatever map we are battling on. You get about 50 reward points for each day you log on. Those add up.

So, people who own a PS3 and MGS4 (or could rent it for like a day), any input on this idea? Because I believe MGO is a great team-based game, just players are sometimes hard-coded, like on PR.

We are not a MGO clan (yet), more or less this will just be an occasional event that we do whenever we feel like it.

Ok. So if you dig the idea and wish to join us, please put your information in the format below:

PSN:
MGO Character Name:
MIC (either bluetooth or usb will work): y/n

I will create a group roster as we go, and in the end we will make randomized teams =)

Current Roster: Use this to add people to your psn =)
PSN - CharacterName

LithiumFox - ArsenicFox
(Okita will find his PSN eventually... XD) - Okita
Snipey15 - Snipey15/16/166 (he doesn't know)
spudlynne - (signing up)
AJSawyer - A.J.Sawyer
Balfus - Balfa

MAKE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR GAME DURING YOUR SPARE TIME!!!

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Last edited by LithiumFox; 08-20-2009 at 03:17 AM..
Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
THE.FIST
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to THE.FIST
Default Re: Metal Gear Online Reality

How can i join ... is it a clan ? cos i play MGO online evry weak
THE.FIST is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]THE.FIST View Post
How can i join ... is it a clan ? cos i play MGO online evry weak
Thank you for having me clarify more. See, this is why i'm in the discussion stages.

No, we will be more of a type of casual group of players from the PR community, hopefully. =) We may turn into a clan in the future, but for now we're just a group of guys (and girls) who will get together and play MGO in a more realistic manner. =D

Seriously for everyone that joins in the next 20 minutes you get a free turtle...

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Last edited by Desertfox; 06-11-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Old 06-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
Own a Playstation 3?
No
Quote:
Have a PSN?
Nope
Quote:
Own Metal Gear Solid 4 and wish for more filling gameplay, and not the run-and-gun glitching idiocy that happens on it on a daily basis?
Oh well, I can't join

Edit: User was warned for 'useless/unhelpful' posting. Seems you failed your 1st mission in MGO

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 06-12-2009 at 05:20 AM..
Old 06-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
LithiumFox

...thats kinda... a waste.. :P

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

You know I'm in. Ill get my info posted up here once I return from the land of the rising sun.

PSN: i forgot...heh...
Character Name: Okita [?]
Mic: Yes

Like I said, Ill update this once Im back... I forgot my info :P
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
LithiumFox

you're the only one?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
Smuke

PSN:spudlynne
MGO Character Name:n/a
MIC (either bluetooth or usb will work): y

Need to get MGO registered,have MGS4 though.

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Smuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
C.vanDijk

Count me in!!

PSN: Snipey15
MGO Character: Snipey15, Snipey16 or Snipey166 (One of those, I can't remember :P)
Mic: Nope (if anyone can recommend one I'll happily go out and buy it)
C.vanDijk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
LithiumFox

Any PS2/PS3 compatible USB headset and any bluetooth headset will work. =)

Keep it up, if we get enough people we'll finally set up up Battles sometime this weekend =)

Oh btw, realize guys that you'll need to make sure your game is UPDATED =)

It takes about an hour or two to download (like some game updates do on PC)

Oh and I will be asking if you have the expansions in the future. ^_^ This is just to make sure if we have enough people to leave people out or do two battles or what. =)

Tags
animal, aplication, application, gear, metal, mgo, online, ranks, reality, snake, solid