project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
goguapsy

Default Do you consider "Leaving no man behind" while playing?

I was playing one day and I said wait... we have a SM pinned down over there by enemy fire!

and the SL said... "so?"

I was, ok, but, just a question, does the sentence "leave no man behind" means anything to you?

he answered, "man, this is just a game..."

Now I ask you: what would you do:
Save him or leave him?

My opinion is that this little "missions" is what makes Project reality a cool game, closer to its goal of making a more realistic war game.

oh, and, btw, how do i make a pool?
thanks!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
snooggums
Default Re: Do you consider "Leaving no man behind" while playing?

If the squad isn't wiped out, every man should be revived and healed. If they are pinned down they should be rescued or attempted to be saved until the revive timer runs out.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Not_able_to_kill

Send a message via MSN to Not_able_to_kill

Leave no man behind even if theres a nuclear threat or anything that might kill all your men.

[R-DEV]Hitperson: my body is a temple with the fountains flowing fresh with cider and the holy water being scotch.

[R-CON]Rudd: remember, your penis size is proportional
to your post count
Not_able_to_kill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_able_to_kill View Post
Leave no man behind even if theres a nuclear threat or anything that might kill all your men.
u know, what u just said is the very identical mission u have to face on a COD4 mission.
A nuclear threat is confirmed, and a Cobra is shot down. U and ur squad land and go get her before the giant hordes of enemy kill you. and u hv a timer as well.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 06-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Froggy

Thumbs up Re: Do you consider "Leaving no man behind" while playing?

I do. It's what makes the game fun. I always try to incorporate everyone in squad, with or without microphone. Like goguapsy said, My opinion is that this little "missions" is what makes Project reality a cool game, closer to its goal of making a more realistic war game.", is totally true. "This is true in all aspects of the battlefield." You could be flying a huey on Muttrah and have a guy that lagged out and it will be 5 seconds before he gets in etc etc.

"I looked down this scope every single day for 18 months. I swear if I close my eyes and concentrate, I can see the shadow of the reticle when I open my eyes again." - A US Marine on the ACOG reticle.
Froggy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
ConscriptVirus

but then theres the idea of 1 ticket out of at least 300-500..kinda insignificant...

i remember SLs telling squad mates who were on the other side of the map (for one reason or another like being the only survivor in a firefight and having the rest of the squad spawn some where else far way) to commit suicide so they can rejoin the fight. so its kindof weighing..which is more important, 1 ticket or having ur troopers follow the objective

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
but then theres the idea of 1 ticket out of at least 300-500..kinda insignificant...

i remember SLs telling squad mates who were on the other side of the map (for one reason or another like being the only survivor in a firefight and having the rest of the squad spawn some where else far way) to commit suicide so they can rejoin the fight. so its kindof weighing..which is more important, 1 ticket or having ur troopers follow the objective
it makes me think this way: PR is to be a "real battlefield", and suppose its a real war. There are 300-500 soldiers in a mission. You are the only one to survive. What would you do? Suicide or pray someone come get you?

Now, I know its a game. But I say that a guys pinned down by enemy fire should be rescued.

Quote:
If the squad isn't wiped out, every man should be revived and healed. If they are pinned down they should be rescued or attempted to be saved until the revive timer runs out.

I would give up if i was alone... cuz, u know, it would be boring to just stare at the clouds... and thats a gameplay thing.

Quote:
You could be flying a huey on Muttrah and have a guy that lagged out and it will be 5 seconds before he gets in etc etc.
Exactly

[/CENTER]
Old 06-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
what would you do:
Save him! Deploy smoke everywhere around while enemy troops are coming in fast, then run to the guy and revive him shouting: "We´re not gonna leave you behind!" over mumble.

Quote:
how do i make a pool?
Heh, i will spare you the witty comment, as i suppose you mean "poll"
But no, i don´t know how..

Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

CONSIDER!?!?!?!?!? NO MAN GETS ****ING LEFT BEHIND!!!

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
masterceo

everytime i play as SL my strategy is to finish the game with 0 deaths.if we're suppressed and in a bad tactical position i tell my men to pop smoke (sometimes also revive if someone got hit) and fall back. if after a long firefight someone gets left behind i always tell that guy to stay still, try to fall back but to do it "stealthy" so he won't get exposed to enemy fire. if that can't be done i usually tell all my SM to put heavy suppressing fire on enemy positions and order a medic to smoke the area so we can rejoin our SM that got left behind.

these kind of actions make PR for me, finishing a 3 hour game with 0 deaths in your squad is definately the best PR experience

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
leaving no man behind, playing