project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
space
Banned
Default EVE Online (PC Game)

Eve Online is a MMORPG set in space, and the depth of the game is totally awesome (but also very daunting for a noob) . Its the kind of game, where you need to plan out your career over months, or even years.

The only thing Id ever heard about the game, was this article earlier this year, which also gives a good insight into the game :

BBC NEWS | Technology | The struggle among the stars

I decided to give it a try a couple of days ago, and now I think Im hooked I was just wondering who else on the forum plays?

Btw - you can download a free 14 day trial on the games website, but if you want a 21 day trial, then send your e-mail to me in a PM, and Ill send you over a link for the extended trial
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Eve Online

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/5242.html
Its a great game, but too slow for me, I'd need to join up with a bunch of friends.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Noooo!!!!

PR Test Team: Serious Business
[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Played it for a while about a year ago, way boring as hell, but apparently they have added some new stuff (something to do with wormholes?) someone who has played the new version could clarify on this.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
nick20404

I refuse to pay monthly for a video game, I don't understand why people fall for these scams, all mmorpgs are mediocre with the same premise to grind and grind and grind so you can eventually be uber powerful and be able to kill noobs quickly, only after you have spent $200+ of course. I feel like I should be the one getting payed at the end of all that grinding and what not you feel like "What have I accomplished, now I can grind on higher level mobs".

But what ever floats your boat I guess.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Project Reality Forums - View Profile: [R-MOD]Desertfox
Its a great game, but too slow for me, I'd need to join up with a bunch of friends.
Are you trying to imply that I somehow am addicted to this game called eve online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
I refuse to pay monthly for a video game, I don't understand why people fall for these scams, all mmorpgs are mediocre with the same premise to grind and grind and grind so you can eventually be uber powerful and be able to kill noobs quickly, only after you have spent $200+ of course. I feel like I should be the one getting payed at the end of all that grinding and what not you feel like "What have I accomplished, now I can grind on higher level mobs".

But what ever floats your boat I guess.
If you don't want to grind in eve, you don't have to.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

Everyone knows you are

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
Cheditor

Yeah played the trial ages ago, no grinding, just flying around going oooooo graphics are amazing Also the fact its pure luck, i found some bit of metal i salvaged off a ship and it sold for 4 million eve monies, then i brought a huge new ship, good times, thinking of buying the box version of play.com it comes with 60 days free time and a limited edition cargo shuttle ooooooo.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

lol Space is addicted to EVE

Well we will really see if your addicted when your trial runs out and if you pay for it

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
space
Banned

Ive paid my first month already - 2 days into the trial

space is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
eve, game, online