project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain?

How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain?

Here you can see an ant shooting a dose of venom straight into a centipede's head. The centipede is translucent, so you can actually see the stinger in its brain. And there's more.

io9 - How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain? - Alex wild

The Ant-Mugging Flies of Kwazulu-Natal

Asset stealing Noobs

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Pantera

Default Re: How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain?

lol ewww, but very interesting

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain?

Check this guys website out too : Photo Synthesis

really really cool if you into bug science.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Colonelcool125

That's barbaric.

I prefer to do my killing with good old fashioned guns.

As a side note, f*ck centipedes. I hate them.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
NYgurkha

I used to want to be an Entomologist when i was younger

Deborah Gordon: How do ants know what to do?: TED talk about ants

NYgurkha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Q: How Would You Like A Giant Poison Stinger Buried Deep Inside Your Brain?
A: I wouldn't, not one bit! I do not want your giant poison stinger! I wouldn't like it inside my brain, I wouldn't like it on a train! I would not like it in my hair, I would not like it on a chair! Oh CodeRedFox can't you see - just get your stinger away from me!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
JKRMAUI

I hate centipedes.. With passion...I've never been "tagged" by one. How ever. The noise they make when crawling on drywall....or the feeling of those claws on the back of your leg..many childhood close calls.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRMAUI View Post
I hate centipedes.. With passion...I've never been "tagged" by one. How ever. The noise they make when crawling on drywall....or the feeling of those claws on the back of your leg..many childhood close calls.
Now you've reminded me of the noise.

I'm not going to get any sleep at all.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
Now you've reminded me of the noise.

I'm not going to get any sleep at all.
That's probably just as well, imagine how awful it would be to be fast asleep, dreaming about being outside in a park on a gorgeous sunny day in the company of a beautiful lass, having a picnic... then, in your dream, you get the sensation of tiny pinpricks all over your hand, creeping up your face, over your neck...

...then slowly coming to and realising there's a large centipede on your face. Rearing up, tiny feet stabbing your skin as it holds for purchase as you suddenly shout, trying to wipe it off your face with your hands - you're screaming and the damn thing is still there, holding on, and you can't bring yourself to actually touch it with your hand, the black shiny body arching over your mouth and nose and face, mandibles clicking....

...just imagine how frakking grim that would be, waking up to find that. You're probably better off not sleeping, just so that if there is one in your house, that doesn't happen.

Sweet dreams!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

that happend to my scinece teacher

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
brain, buried, deep, giant, inside, poison, stinger