project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
DXfan01

Default Biggest waste of money

hey guys the title says it all what is something you bought that u think is a giant waste of money

mine is when our whole family pitched in to buy a new 66 inch TV and we borrowed our uncles pick up truck to take it to our house and on the way a huge downpour started and guess what...the tv never turned on
Last edited by DXfan01; 05-05-2009 at 11:23 PM..
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Biggest waste of money

The Eurofighter. Probably the most horribly anarchonistic thing my taxes have ever paid for. But if the Soviet union ever discovers time travel in 1984 we'll be set.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
waldo_ii

Women!

Jk, but for real, pre-built computers. Ugh..

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
JoyRider

Condoms....

JK....Gotta say my dell prebuilt XPS
JoyRider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
CyrusPI

-Cigarettes.

They say you can save $200 a year if you dropped the pack. To some people it's a lot of money. And to those some people that smoke, they may deem it necessary to smoke for some reason of their own. I'm one of those skin-flints that'd take the $200.

-Insanely expensive birthday parties (that don't make sense).

Okay, so you want to remember your little tike's first birthday party for all time. Why not get him a brand new convertible, a hot tub and assorted gadgets he may never use for the next five years? Save the extravagance for when he can at least comprehend the sheer magnitude of what he's getting. That's just me, of course.

Now, I may have went against what the OP said, by "something you bought". As I'm not a big spender, the most I've ever wasted was eighteen dollars on a digital watch slash calculator, it had the entire keypad in tiny button form on the face of the watch , and it was destroyed in a soccer match.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
CyrusPI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
unrealalex

Modifying my computer case to be silent. Bought 3 spray paint bottles, a dremel, three pieces of acrylic plastic, bunch of other miscellenous items...total was probably around $200-300. It all went to waste when I bought an 8800 GT which sounds like a jet engine during gameplay
unrealalex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
Modifying my computer case to be silent. Bought 3 spray paint bottles, a dremel, three pieces of acrylic plastic, bunch of other miscellenous items...total was probably around $200-300. It all went to waste when I bought an 8800 GT which sounds like a jet engine during gameplay
Maybe its just that loud noises from my computer don't bug me that much but my GTX280 is pretty freaking silent, im using an ante p182. Your money would have been better spent on a getting a new case (P182 = something like $150).

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
Warpig-
Supporting Member

My GTX280 isn't. It's the loudest video card I've ever heard when you start driving it hard.

So yeah, that'd actually be one of my more recent wastes. I really should have gotten the 4870

Cause we throw bombs on it, throw bombs on it. Just smash something, yeah mosh for me.
Warpig- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
rangedReCon

Texting. If you want to talk to me have the decency to actually converse in a real conversation.

[IMG][/IMG]
rangedReCon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #10
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Desertfox View Post
Maybe its just that loud noises from my computer don't bug me that much but my GTX280 is pretty freaking silent, im using an ante p182. Your money would have been better spent on a getting a new case (P182 = something like $150).
Yea my pc was the first I ever build myself.The second I built was for my friend with a P182 and an ATI 4850...performs better than mine, is more quiet, and was cheaper. FML.
unrealalex is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest, finance, giant, money, waste