project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default ins sl place caches

im sorry if this was suggested, the closest thing i saw from this was 1, early 2008, and 2, early 2007, and it was just at the end of the list of things, just barley there if i read it right.
i also looked at the already suggested and dident see it, pls correct me if im wrong... ok... now the suggestion.

we had random cache spawns, and it crashed the server, and with these that are in a chosen place of about 100-300, im not sure how many, we can start to see patterns for there locations.

what if, for the ins team only, having it so that the sl, with a min of 2-3 solders around him, kinda set up like a rp setup, could place a cache that looks empty, and use the shovels to simulate fulling them up with ammo.

you can limit it with about the same thing you did to limit firebases, but only have 3 available at once. still all the currents rules can apply, but people can hide the caches anywhere they need, and maby limit it to not under 100m together from all the problems of caches spawning in the same building.

this way it would be more realistic and better hidden due to the diversity of every sl's positioning choice, and in a place easier to defend, making it evan harder for the coallition forces.

doing this could also allow you to give the coalition more "firepower" for the reason on "evaning the playing feald"=P

anyone agree?

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
gas104

Default Re: ins sl place caches

Yes i agree

Breedx-thanks gas I appreciate your understanding hope someone can help me out
ryan d ale-Well at least theres is not a sniper problem in your bedroom
One of the best ads made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-v_5WOfR0U
gas104 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
octo-crab

What happens if no one builds the caches?
What happens if they place the cache in a weird place that coalition forces cant get to(ie dome of death)?
What happens if some tool bag keeps placing them in obvious areas so coalition can win very easily (ie outside US main)?
octo-crab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo-crab View Post
What happens if they place the cache in a weird place that coalition forces cant get to(ie dome of death)?
What happens if some tool bag keeps placing them in obvious areas so coalition can win very easily (ie outside US main)?
This would be a great suggestion if it weren't for these unfortunate factors.

Players are hardcoded.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo-crab View Post
if there is no cahces... um, have it auto apear like a normal game, but only with 0 caches, and if one is not placed in 15 min a new one is placed by the computer

any way to code that caches can only be placed withing some area???pls???.. umm... i have not thought of an answer to that.....

you can only have 3 at a time out, it has to be build, 3 ppl have to be near you at once to place it, and if that happens, idk, an admin can boot em....

so if he can find 3 other ppl who wanna smack and if reported possibly banned, then they will still have a hard time loosing the game

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Oskarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post
if there is no cahces... um, have it auto apear like a normal game, but only with 0 caches, and if one is not placed in 15 min a new one is placed by the computer

any way to code that caches can only be placed withing some area???pls???.. umm... i have not thought of an answer to that.....

you can only have 3 at a time out, it has to be build, 3 ppl have to be near you at once to place it, and if that happens, idk, an admin can boot em....

so if he can find 3 other ppl who wanna smack and if reported possibly banned, then they will still have a hard time loosing the game
Still these two: "What happens if they place the cache in a weird place that coalition forces cant get to(ie dome of death)?
What happens if some tool bag keeps placing them in obvious areas so coalition can win very easily (ie outside US main)?"
Oskarious is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #7
Vege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarious View Post
Still these two: "What happens if they place the cache in a weird place that coalition forces cant get to(ie dome of death)?
What happens if some tool bag keeps placing them in obvious areas so coalition can win very easily (ie outside US main)?"
Kinda counter to the last point would be "how often do you see INS destroying their own caches".
It's kinda rare, but if you give the names of who places the caches this could be as easily moderated as INS destroying their own caches.
Ofcos people would place them in stupid places, but those that put em in favor to US team would still be IMHO minority.

This would thou break the whole system and would need somekind of indicator to US where the cache is better that we have now as there are so meny spots to hide a little box of ammo.

BF universe: Jorma[fIIn], Tahanmikaansovi, Vge, Lou Bang, Marjapiirakka
Vege is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #8
Harrod200

How about this;
Commander, not SL places the cache. It don't need building, just placing.
Minimum distance of 100m between caches
No placement within 300m of the Command bunker (so no placing in the DoD)
No placement within 50m of a previous cache location
No placement within 800m of enemy Command bunker (variable on map size, I'm thinking Al Bas here)
Maximum of 10 caches deployed at once
If there are 2 or less caches deployed for 5 minutes, one is auto-placed
If there is no commander, placement is as now; 3 caches, auto random placement

It's easier to prevent a person becoming Cmdr than SL, and they would require assistance to get to where they want to place, so no tools.
Unable to put it in a DoD, means wherever it is, it'll be accessible. Difficult places to reach would IMO be fair game.

404: Signature not found
Last edited by Harrod200; 05-02-2009 at 06:55 AM..
Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
HybridX

its an interetsing suggestion but i dont agree with SL placing caches.

If the insurgent or taliban team isnt terrible a cache can be defend very well regardless of where it is.

This would just boil down to insurgents putting them on places like basrah hotel and camp the top of the hotel..... its high so brits cant shoot it, VERY defendable re shooting people off laddies and RPG- SAW-ing the lynx. Only a arty strike would finish it.

It would unbalance the gameplay in taliban/insurgent favour IMO

HybridX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
theiceman

how about the sl places the cache where he wants it, then a "cache vote" appears on the screen so the team can vote if they want it there. Also, I think sl's should be able to place it only if they have a 3 man sq. Another idea is that the commander, If he doesn't like where the sl's put the chaches, then he can move them?
theiceman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
caches, ins, place