project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default PRMM 0.3 Feedback Thread - Initial Impressions?

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd kick off a thread to gather in initial impresions and feedback. No need to post any kind of "awesome love it thanks" stuff.... and also no need to post "you guys suck because it doesn't run on my 64mb video card"....

Looking for some constructive insights & first impressions, favorable and things that need improving.

Thanks!

egg

Quote:
EDIT: I would like to see respondents also provide a: Best/Worst of .3

Example:

Best: Addition of the Mk12 SPR and P226
Worst: Some issue, or item you don't like or want to see improved.

[R-DEV] JS.Fortnight.A

Cheers!
egg

Last edited by JS.Fortnight.A; 05-11-2006 at 08:11 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Szarko

M24 on SaK needs to change to mk-12

And Sever needs to be more clear about what game type it is...

Other than that... LOVE IT... Won't get much sleep tonight

Deuce Four
Szarko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
sofad
Retired PR Developer

we need BIG FAT RED letters in the maploading screen, that tell the noobs: extraction, or single objective!

two things that must be tweaked..

the spawntime of the jeeps in the extraction mode should be equal with the SUV ones. with these long spawntimes now, there is no usefull konvoi possible after the humvee´s are the first time destroyed!

you have to take out the artillery in single objective mode. its too easy to destroy the UAV and the radar with the ari...

and one last thing, i dont like the night maps. they are complete useless. just the same maps with no view. or with green view

sofad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
Figisaacnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=senior=-sofad
we need BIG FAT RED letters in the maploading screen, that tell the noobs: extraction, or single objective!
Agreed. And I am qualifying myself as a noob for this one...

Also... I WANT MY SHOTTY BACK!!! NO ME GUSTA EL MP5!

Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #5
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well I am a dev and a player (it's actually being a player that got me into dev).

I played tonight and:
best:
1. maps, man these are some good maps!
2. 6 seat jeeps, filled entirely with squad members, on a big map where you have time to shoot the sh*t hehe
3. getting totally lost on jabal, man that's a huge map
4. realising that we are going in the right direction with the scoring system, I got a lot of points for very "heroic" teamwork activities, low kill count but maintined a good survival ratio
5. I found that even on a fairly crowded server there was a good sense of teamwork, so we're going in the right direction there as well; yer (relatively) very inneffective on your own

worst:
1. players who spend 8 hours downloading a mod and then condemn it after 5 minutes as "st00p1d". Gotta give the learning curve a chance.
2. time running out before we could get onto the carrier on jabal

Really, really enjoyed myself playing 0.3 for an hour or so tonight, hope others are too!

egg

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Agree with all eggman said. Jabal is an awsome map too. Much traveling needed, very long firefights, etc. Taking the DAM as MEC was damn fun. Well. I was the only one left in our first assault (I was the only one who thought cover might be smart) but once pretty much our entire team came we captured it fairly easy, although it took time.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
Braddock096

Outstanding release. I played for about 6 hours tonight, and loved every minute of it.

Best: New game modes. They rock. Single objective is great. Extract is even better, though a little short. It also requires really good teamwork from the US to pull off an extraction. Or luck.

Worst: Not enough info both on the loading screens and in game as to what game mode is playing and what is required which lead to a lot of confusion tonight on GH. Though Sharqi night was funny, we played for about 20 mins as AAS before my team realised it was SOBJ and proceeded to blow the hell out of the assets. Doh.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #8
762x51

The Mk12 rocks....good job on that. But I don't quite understand the point of the armored SUV (Suburban). Private security contractors use these as convoy transports in Iraq, and some as gun trucks that have a rear firing port usually with a man armed with a SAW or something. The in game version only has room for a driver and one single passenger and the passenger cannot fire a weapon. Add the fact that it is the same speed as a HMMV, and it just seems kind of useless. Add room for 2 more passengers plus a rear facing gunman that can use his rifle, up the top speed a bit, and I think it would be a winner. Not quite as tough as an HMMV, no mounted .50 cal, but faster and easier to manuever. Perfect extract vehicle.

Get a convoy of 4 Suburbans going in an extraction game and some MEC's in technicals and jeeps to chase them down and you've got a fun game. Can we say roadside ambush?
762x51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #9
Neuromante

Very first impressions, based on my ~30 minutes of playing:

Pros:
+The new weapons and tools (binocular, spec-ops rangefinder) look and "feel" good.
+The classes are now very well balanced up.
+The new scoring system is very good.
+Bug fixes.
+A new gamemode. (Didn't play it that much though)
+Good new maps.

Cons:
-AAS. It's still there, and it's still bad.
-Nothing has been done to correct one of the biggest issues the game: The so-called insta-proning.
-C4. Seems to have been nerfed even more than it was in 0.25 . Next to useless as an ambush weapon, it got a B-movie beeping sound, alerting everyone within meters that "They set us up the bomb!"
-Defibrillators. They still take away from both realism and gameplay.
-Where's my Saiga?

Neuromante is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Jabal needs more choppers. MEC need 1 transport chopper 2.

xtract mode needs hummer respawn times same as SUV. Really anoying thing that encorages the wall trained "n00b" to take the SUV and RUN!

m24 on karkand.

mash 16 has afew bugs for some really odd reason i thought where fixed....
invisibal car wrecks and no inner borders for it.

on xtract its really hard for USMC to get past some of the bottle necks...

6 seats jeeps worked EXSTRAMLy well. 1 of the best new features if you ask me. Squads could stick together!

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, impressions, initial, prmm, thread