project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
"SJT"

Default [AAR] Heli trans squads

(Ya I know it's a lot to read, the story is at the top and my suggestions/dreams at the bottom)

So I'm playing on UKWF server. Which is going down in my books.

On Muttrah City is it called? We are USA.

Squad leader makes a heli squad. about 4 people to start. and 4 choppers. makes sense. all is well.

Since you cannot lock or kick people from squads in this server people join and grab pilot kits. People that have just joined and not been here at the start of the round grab choppers. Worst is they crash them.

We then have a 6 man squad. All is well since 2 have gone as (air crewmen) to give the helis a little firepower with AR kit.

Then this total retard. "Shootertix" I think his name was. joins about 3/4 of the way into the game and makes his own heli squad and takes a chopper. Which makes no sense since there is one and he could be used somewhere else, we have pilots and he would not be able to communicate with Squad leader who is setting down markers.

The whole last part of the round I was talking to this guy, well trying because he is to retarded. Telling him that there is a heli squad, you will be more usefull as infantry.

Me
Why have you made another heli squad, there is already one.

Quote from shooter.
Because you suck.

Well in 5 seconds of joining how has he made that assumption?

I just don't get this. Why are people like this allowed near anything electronic or anything at all.

What I would LOVE to see. (This may also fall under suggestion threads)

Is something that is faggot proof. Such as the squad creation menu modded to only allow one heli squad. And in that squad only the pilot kits are available.

A long shot but it would defiantly help the whole. "I have been waiting for this chopper, and your not in the chopper squad" (X was team killed by Noob). Situation.

Of course people would fight over who makes the chopper squad and who joins.

I can dream of a flight time rank system. The more flight hours you have, the most likely chance you will have at being or creating a chopper squad. Same for log trucks, tanks etc.

To gain these hours you must go onto a training server for helis/jets

^ Thats Reality for you.

Of course people will try to idle to gain hours but surely a simple idle limit can sort that out.

I think it is a brilliant idea. No clue if it is possible or not.

But if you want reality. Thats reality.
Last edited by "SJT"; 04-13-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
waldo_ii
Default Re: Heli trans squads

You secretly snuck a suggestion into an AAR so you could put it here and avoid the unforgivable wrath of Tirak

Tricky tricky...

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
"SJT"

Noooo.

i just thought while I'm having a rant I may as well make it 1 thread rather than 2.
"SJT" is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

I was in that round, was full of tards. I was your squad at the start which was HUEY/COBRA. There was a lot of chatter so me and another person made our own squad as it would have been hard to communicate with each other. But within a few minutes we were shot down instantly by a hat. (Ludacris)

After waiting 20 minutes for the next cobra to spawn, a guy joins the squad (can't remember his name) with a HAT and teamkills me and the gunner in the cobra before it could take off. Shortly after I had enough and left the server.

So a hour of my night wasted because some tard who thought it would be fun to get a errection by teamkilling the cobra.

Meh

Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
(HUN)Rud3bwoy
Supporting Member

As far as I know there is no method to tell the good pilots from the bad ones until the damage is already done. Welcome to the internet, where any sociopath douchebag can roam free
The only way to manage is to:
1. Suck it up and take the lift whoever the pilot is.
2. Take transport only if you KNOW the guy flying it is good at it.
(alternatively 3. Train hard and be the master of heli yourself )

P.S.: Dont forget that even the best pilots can have a bad day, so if you get in a heli and you crash, yelling "WTF noob?!!" wont help anything it will only make the pilot angry(or make him smile if he is a smacktard). Of couse in the case you told us, it is obvious what kind of player you wre dealing with

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" [I found it!] but "That's funny . . . "
(HUN)Rud3bwoy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 AM   #6
arthuro12

Oh i ''F'ing'' hate people who b*tch about how you crashed a chopper.. they go all ''OMG NOOB< F@GGHOT'' .. geez, i'm a good pilot and know my stuff.. but that just pisses me off.. i once got kicked from a squad and then TK'ed because i got hit by an AA that wasent suposed to be there.. GRRR

Possibly the sexiest member alive.. I want to tickle your prostate
arthuro12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #7
Alex6714

Solution = good server admins.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
"SJT"

exactly. What else can you do against AA? Flares and move.

The ground forces need to take the AA out. So in theory, they are the noobs.

One server I play on is a USA one. But the admins there just make there own heli squad and lock it only to allow there clan members in.

And I haven't seen a UKWF guy admin yet.
"SJT" is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
Ghost1800

I think I was playing in the same server as you last night. We saw the guy who TK'd the cobra and then we had some idiot attempt to TK my squad's APC with a HAT once and Combat Engineer several times by laying explosives all over the repair depot. The next round wasn't any better, we had idiots spawning on caches and then molotoving them after a sufficient amount of people spawned there. Not a single admin in sight.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SJT" View Post
exactly. What else can you do against AA? Flares and move.

The ground forces need to take the AA out. So in theory, they are the noobs.

One server I play on is a USA one. But the admins there just make there own heli squad and lock it only to allow there clan members in.

And I haven't seen a UKWF guy admin yet.
Tbh, Calling someone a noob doesn't prove anything. Ground forces don't always have the AA in their sights. That doesn't exactly make them a noob. Avoiding AA is mainly the Pilots responsibility. And tbh (sorry UKWF) It seems the UKWF Server attracts alot of Smacktards without alot of admins.

And I dont wana hear a reply like "Do you even know how to fly?!?!?" because I'd consider myself a pretty good pilot .

p.s ye good idea with the suggestion because Tirak is a thread locking machine...

FuzzySquirrel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, heli, squads, trans