project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
shadowcreaper
Default pr training servers, is there any point?

I decided to try a training server to pratice my shooting/sniping.

this is what i find;

100% full of teamkillers,
all air units dont bomb the "bombing" zones but instead bomb freindly people ie pratice zones for infi for example, very anoying spawning die, spawn, die, spawn get a kit then get bombed, die.

there from what i see 0 targets to shoot at in training servers, no "siloete" targets nor fake enermy from which u can pratice shooting at.

i think training servers are pointless as i died more in them as in normal servers, due to pure tking fools messing around in air units bombing the non bombing zones.

also training servers seem to have 0 admins or control over anoying/tking players.

so my question is...

why bother having them if it impossible to even play in them with 0 server controle or targets from which to shoot at..
shadowcreaper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: pr training servers, is there any point?

training server

=

place where the smacktards go, rather than ruin our fun on normal servers.

Though, I agree the main problem is that bombs go everywhere so the infantry can't do anything. But then again, if they could it would just be a 1sec spawn PR...which would be a little naf.

Best thing is to go on a empty training server with some friends.

iirc there was som1 working on making training a little more...well...useful for training (destructibles and 'missions' to destroy them etc)

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
badmojo420
Supporting Member

You died more in training then in real games because the spawn time is about 3 seconds.

It's impossible to 'play' in training servers. Because you're not supposed to play in them. You're there to familiarize yourself with the equipment. Which is easy to do even with dozens of idiots trying to TK you. You've got lots of assets that almost instantly re-spawn. Friendly fire is turned off. And enemies care little if they are killed.

The ONLY problem i can see with training servers is training with Jets, as they can be blown up easily and the runways also can be destroyed. Other then that, it should be very easy to train with almost any weapon or asset. I say this from expirence. I've used them to train with Tanks, APCs, Helicopters, Mines, Sniper, 50cal, AA emplacement, just to name a few.

If you want targets to fire at, set up outside the infantry training area. If you want armor to fire at, go near that bridge in the NW. If you want AA emplacement training, setup anywhere. I'll admit it is pretty confusing and unforgiving to newer players. But it's not ment to be a training course, rather it was ment to be a safe area to play around without facing HUGE penalties for your mistakes.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
cyberzomby

Well I agree with most of the points here. But I do say that I apreciate training mode. Was really helpfull training my chopper skills so I could dare to go online in a real game
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
waldo_ii

See, what you have to do is stop thinking of the training servers as servers to train on. Instead, think of them as tard-farms, only without farmers.

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Alex6714

The thing is, you went on the 40+ full training server, and expected to have lots of infantry people to train sniping as...

Its like walking into a church in full prayer and saying Allah Ackbah...

Anyway, the way I see it, if you want to train flying/shooting, you do so on a local/low populated server.

If you want to train tactics, evasion etc then you go on a full training server.

I was on there earlier, when you were complaining. I don´t much know what was happening with the jets training, because I wasn´t there, all I know is that Mr. Tunguska and Mr. M1A2 had a very good time.

The point I see is:

It takes people away from the normal servers and lets the mess around without affecting others.

If you don´t like it, don´t play there, its not doing you any harm, it really isnt that hard when there are almost 300 servers to chose from.

Its a fun break from normal PR in which you get to play with assets and formation fly, practice AA (which btw, with 157 kills to 30 deaths (most of them from running out of ammo) actually works better than some imagine, if they actually took the time to try it.), etc.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Last edited by Alex6714; 04-10-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Cheditor

Alex you mean your 150+ kills earlier today ^^
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Alex6714

All it takes is a bit of logic and an AAV, and you have got it made, at the current state, even a monkey could do it

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

id really rather we have training servers for people to learn to fly in then crash the planes in a real server.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
laikiunreal

Send a message via MSN to laikiunreal Send a message via Skype™ to laikiunreal

no but trainning servers are good to try flying skills (witch means that you must be in the American-infidel side) other than that you will be using AA vehicles all day...what i want to say is if you respawn as MEC is going to be boring as hell in a trainning server, IMO.

"If I were Stallone... I'd make Hugo Chavez the main bad guy rather than picking a fictional character. Just to piss his red ass off."
Panzerfire.
laikiunreal is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
point, servers, training