project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Koroush47

Koroush47's Avatar
Default Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Where are the silenced guns? Will they be adding them soon? If no... why not? Anybody have a clue where they are? It would be pretty darn fun sneaking around as a stealth squad behind enemy lines destroying the firebases and AAs. Not to mention a massive challenge.
Koroush47 is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
gazzthompson

gazzthompson's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

no more special forces kit = no more silencers.

conventional forces don't use silencers = no silencers in PR

gazzthompson is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Koroush47

Koroush47's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
no more special forces kit = no more silencers.

conventional forces don't use silencers = no silencers in PR
Awww thats lame.
Koroush47 is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

also iirc there were concerns that the sound properties ingame would not reflect their real life counterparts.

Also, you can't remove the silencer ingame etc unless you ammo link it to another slot etc etc etc

and anway

what happens if you kill som1 with a knife/silenced pistol in bf2?

the person says or writes "omg, spec ops in golf 2 kp 3" and then...your cover is blown so not much point in the weapon to begin with.


Rudd is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Koroush47

Koroush47's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
also iirc there were concerns that the sound properties ingame would not reflect their real life counterparts.

Also, you can't remove the silencer ingame etc unless you ammo link it to another slot etc etc etc

and anway

what happens if you kill som1 with a knife/silenced pistol in bf2?

the person says or writes "omg, spec ops in golf 2 kp 3" and then...your cover is blown so not much point in the weapon to begin with.
Same thing would happen if you kill somebody with a normal gun....

When some of my teammates die they always say the place they died followed by Enemy apc or enemy squad... .etc
Koroush47 is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Brummy

Brummy's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush47 View Post
Same thing would happen if you kill somebody with a normal gun....

When some of my teammates die they always say the place they died followed by Enemy apc or enemy squad... .etc
The point is that silenced guns are useless. If your position will be given away anyway, why would you bother with silenced guns?

Brummy is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
gazzthompson

gazzthompson's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

if anything , silenced guns would work in opposite of what you wish . people would hear the shot (yes silencers are not 100% silenced) and all rush to your position in hopes of getting 1337 weapons.

gazzthompson is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
if anything , silenced guns would work in opposite of what you wish . people would hear the shot (yes silencers are not 100% silenced) and all rush to your position in hopes of getting 1337 weapons.
haha

that would be pretty funny actually


Rudd is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Koroush47

Koroush47's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
if anything , silenced guns would work in opposite of what you wish . people would hear the shot (yes silencers are not 100% silenced) and all rush to your position in hopes of getting 1337 weapons.
Hahah true...


But keep in mind: Silenced weapons are weaker than normal weapons.

They have less velocity and they could even be different weapons all together... Like silenced MP5 compared to M16...

M16 will be able to kill quicker.
Koroush47 is offline
Old 04-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

[R-MOD]Spec's Avatar
Default Re: Why doesn't PR have and silenced guns?

If the weapons are any good, people will want them and hunt everyone they hear using them. If the weapons are bad - why even add them?
[R-MOD]Spec is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
guns, silenced
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality