project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
nick20404

Default Knife 1 hit kill

I think this mod is long overdue to get rid of the knife or to make it not 1 hit kill, its completely unrealistic, there is no where on the human body were you can be stabbed and instantly die. Even if someone stabbed you in the heart or slit your throat you would still be alive for a few minutes at least before bleeding out.

I suggest leaving the zipties as one hit kill but make the knife at least 3 or 5 hits before a kill.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Knife 1 hit kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
there is no where on the human body were you can be stabbed and instantly die
Pretty sure a knife inside your brain or the heart will make you die quite fast, but I'm no doctor, so I won't comment this further.

However, there are plenty of places where a stab would put you out of fighting condition, which is what dying in the game is meant to represent.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
nick20404

Well the problem is the knife kills you but doesn't wound you like you are saying, the knife simply kills you even being stabbed in the foot as it sticks threw the wall will kill you. And If I had a nickle for every time I stabbed someones foot threw a wall I would be a rich man.

But running up to someone and just shanking them while they are looking at you is pretty unrealistic because anyone would just push the knife away from vital organs which you cannot do in game obviously.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
Solid Knight

There's actually very few regions of the body where a single stab will outright kill you instantly. And these regions are small. I'd say you could survive a stab on 90% of your body. And given the large number of cases where people survive multiple stab wounds it wouldn't be all that unrealistic to make the knife a weapon that requires more than one stab to kill. Besides, it is kind of cheap knifing some dude's foot that is clipping through the wall and having him instantly die.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
There's actually very few regions of the body where a single stab will outright kill you instantly. And these regions are small. I'd say you could survive a stab on 90% of your body. And given the large number of cases where people survive multiple stab wounds it wouldn't be all that unrealistic to make the knife a weapon that requires more than one stab to kill. Besides, it is kind of cheap knifing some dude's foot that is clipping through the wall and having him instantly die.
Tbh nothing will outright kill you instantly even if you got your brains blown out by a shotgun you would technically still be alive for a minute or two. And most of these parts that would kill you quickly are covered by armor and a knife surely will not pass threw a ceramic plate, but maybe a traditional bullet proof vest.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
aperson444

Quote:
And most of these parts that would kill you quickly are covered by armor and a knife surely will not pass threw a ceramic plate, but maybe a traditional bullet proof vest.

Right. IRL A soldier would push away. If you can survive 1 shot to the chest in this game, 1 stab in the chest should not do much.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Well the problem is the knife kills you but doesn't wound you like you are saying, the knife simply kills you even being stabbed in the foot as it sticks threw the wall will kill you. And If I had a nickle for every time I stabbed someones foot threw a wall I would be a rich man.

But running up to someone and just shanking them while they are looking at you is pretty unrealistic because anyone would just push the knife away from vital organs which you cannot do in game obviously.
True. I forgot about it killing you instead of just making you critically wounded.

On that I agree. That an adrenaline shot can revive you after getting a bullet inside your brain, but not after being stabbed is indeed strange and makes no real sense.

Further on this topic, shouldn't it be possible to code the knife to do different amounts of damage, depending on which bodypart you hit, just like every other weapon?
For example, a stab to the head is an instant critical, while a stab in the foot would only get you bleeding.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Tbh nothing will outright kill you instantly even if you got your brains blown out by a shotgun you would technically still be alive for a minute or two.
As soon as your brain is disabled it's like turning off a lightbulb. I assume you mean some of the bodily functions.

I agree with the suggestion, though alot of times when in a knife fight you hit the opponent several times with the result of that magic smoke that comes out of his head because of the crappy hit indicator, I'm sure I've won many knife fights where the opponent has hit me alot of times before he was hit once and killed. Editing the hit indicator could cause worse bugs. Hope there can be done something to it.
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

i think the chest head area should still be one knife kill, but also if possible have it so the limbs ar more, that way, the knife will still mostly be used like it should, i mean how often are you knifed in hte face on this game? also thow, limbs being damaged should only do somethen like 25% damage, in my oppinion

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #10
Jonny

Can someone go stab some of the people saying that you can survive being stabbed over large parts of your body? The retardedness was funny for about 5 seconds.

Brain, throat, gut, heart & anywhere along the top half of the spinal column will probably stop you doing just about anything ever again. Now you are saying that someone with a severed spine can quite easily run into a building full of hostile troops armed with rifles and put up a fight are you?

Most other places on the body will leave you crying on the floor in agony, unable to do just about anything until several days/weeks later. Assuming you dont bleed to death from the injury before you can get proper medical attention. A field dressing does not stop internal bleeding, remember, no matter how much you want it to.

There is a good reason swords and other assorted sharp obbjects remained (and continue to remain) very effective weapons. Stab wounds are VERY serious injuries. Especially if the person doing the stabbing is trained to kill.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hit, kill, knife