project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR Community Event Forums > Community Events > Feedback
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Feedback Feedback on Events Played

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
cyberzomby

Default Great game

Well we have the screenshots thread so lets not spam that up with nice storys and stuff.

I'd say great fight! Me as a commander had my hands full with contact-reports sending my boys around. Was a really close point (death's wise) right near the end where I feared a loss! But than I saw deaths apart with almost 15 so than I started to pressure my men in to even bigger feats :P

Thanks a lot for the nice game everyone.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Great game

Thanks to Feuerwaffen for the Xfire broadcast, I could watch how the map plays out.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
epoch
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Battlerecorder File

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Thanks to Feuerwaffen for the Xfire broadcast, I could watch how the map plays out.
Cool! Hows that like?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
akatabrask

Great game indeed even though loosing (brits), had a really fun time trying to fight your men on your "xray line"

Must say that I am very impressed with cyb3rzombies plan (from reading it afterwards). You both fullfilled it perfectly and it was bloody effective and detailed too.
I mean, first, that smoke thing was REALLY confusing, we (or at least I) thought it was from friendlies and just went mad on the chat because I was manning one of the static mg's and could not engage that squad I saw coming. Though as from my point of wiev, echo or whichever they were (those supposed to raid main) were a little failure as they were right in my squads path and thus had to be engaged in a firefight and get detected.

But then also, those grenadetrapped areas were also bloody effective. At first i though you guys had at least 3 squads going from xray and a very accurate grenadier, and you kept our line far back all the time meaning we had no chance reaching xray (as my squads objective were).

So one can easily see that a offencive strategy is far better than the "sitting around at a flag just waiting for the enemy to come"-strategy the the ins/talibans had last time and by all means it was a damn good (and detailed) plan and I must say you guys diserved to win.

But one thing that really pissed me off tonight was that knife fight, i mean, why the hell can't people show some respect and maturity? The fact that some few people just went around shooting people, ignoring other peoples pleas to not shoot people and just behaving as pure *ssholes just makes me pissed.
Me for an instance had been looking forward to the knife fight as it is an tradition and fun one too.
But i also think that those few smacktards shouldn't hindre the rest of the players enjoy the fight.
Instead I think that in future matches this will have to be more controlled and the admins has to go out hard with that anyone killing anuone else during the commanders knifefight, or preparations for that will be immediatelly kicked from the server (thus just kick anyone with a kill in the scoreboard).

Other than that dissapointment it was a very great game

Btw, why didn't we brits have a "spec-ops/recon"-team as all the other times?

Edit: Lol, after watching my recording (good parts will be up on youtube soon) it seems that i made the first blood but it somehow was a UN guy crawling in the grass...embarrassing
Last edited by akatabrask; 03-29-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Old 03-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Cheditor

Even though us Brits lost i enjoyed the game The wimiks we found out were just a walking death trap for our squad though every time we got near where we got called too we got strafed by AK fire and one of us instantly died. As akatabrask said sad about the knife fight but a fun game.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
The wimiks we found out were just a walking death trap for our squad though every time we got near where we got called too we got strafed by AK fire and one of us instantly died
I told you so

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Cheditor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJTHOMAS View Post
I told you so
Yeah you did, but in testing we forgot to try out how much lead the troops inside could take.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
UncleSmek

I did not enjoy the game as I thought I would. With a Squad leader that doesnt talk a dam' and retards spoiling the knife fight.

I must say: I am disapointed.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatabrask View Post
Though as from my point of wiev, echo or whichever they were (those supposed to raid main) were a little failure as they were right in my squads path and thus had to be engaged in a firefight and get detected.

You engaged a different squad

My raid squad was hiding behind you guys already, the squad you were fighting was Vilhelms Xray defence line. Check the battlerecorder, we were there for about 5 minutes before you guys moved out

Image of raid party hiding in grass below:

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, game, great, helmands, return, win