project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
01 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-03-22, 06:39   #1
TF6049

Default [List] People not listening

What are some of your biggest rants about someone not listening to your requests, only to have themselves (and you) killed because they didn't?

Me? Heli pilots - too many to count.

"Make sure that: Suppression effect works when bullets hit penetrable metal feces too"

A funny typo by Sgt. Smeg
TF6049 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 10:47   #2
cyberzomby

Default Re: [Top 100] People not listening

ooooh this topic came in right in time!

Yesterday on my home server I was squad leadin in Ejod. One of my fellow T&T'ers was commanding and ordered us mec guys in to the hills east of the city. I hopped in a blue guys APC and typed in where I wanted to go. He went on on his own leaving half my squad behind. Than he got out and ran back to the base....

A squad mate of mine comes up in another blue guys apc. We hop in and I type in where to go. He still goes of doing his own agenda. The driver was squad-leader so my commander is issuing him the move orders where he wants us to go and he does not listen.

We did not get killed or anything but it annoys me when people use APC's as light tanks. Even in maps where theres proper tanks around!
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 11:23   #3
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Infantry, grunts, GAH I hate teh buggers.
They come and demmand to be put there or there, and give a flying frak about durka and his 100 buddies with wery mean weapons. Not to mention that G.I. Joe or Tommie Johnson forgets that shooting at the helo =/= pickupp.. It makes pilots want to fly away, we dont take cindly to bullets.
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:28   #4
Farks

Mechanized infantry squad on Mestia, back in 0.75. I have six guys (inlc. me) in the squad, two of them in a Warrior and the other four on foot. We move along the road with the APC on the road and the infantry on the sides, and I give strict orders to the crew to stick with us all the times so they won't get ambushed. But, of course, the driver have to step on it and drives away from us - straight into an enemy ambush and gets killed my a mine.
Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:29   #5
Incomplete Spork
Banned

People who fly the littlebirds on Muttrah. Always wasting tickets on the carrier and flying right over enemies in their unprotected canopies. Damn tards.
Incomplete Spork is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:36   #6
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

"I do not want them to know we are here! Whatever you do, do NOT open fire until we
ALL get into position"

Crack..Crack...Crack

"WTF"

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:21   #7
Adetter

Ivee flied and crashed black hawk there ;/
Adetter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:42   #8
Jonny

No, dont swim to us, turn around and get back in the technical, pick us up at the marker.

*guy stops for a moment, then gets in the water*

TURN AROUND. get the technical to the marker

*guy stops for a moment, then keeps swimming*

Go back to the technical. Get it onto the main road. meet us at the marker.

*guy stops for a moment, then keeps swimming*

Can you hear me? Do you understand me?
[he has been talking earlier, and responding to orders]

*no response*

[we totally loose the flag we were falling back to, then my squad (minus deaf guy) retake & defend it. The following is from the same round, while defending said flag]

Karl, go to the north, go get Marsh up.

*he doesn't move*

Go north, we have this enterance covered. Look after Marsh.

*'Im covering this enterance'

GO LOOK AFTER MARSH! WE HAVE THIS COVERED!

*hostile troops try to storm it, he hits none of them IIRC, and proceeds to heal a guy when there is a medic who has run out of epipens next to them both*

Go get marsh damn it! Move! North building! Go!

*'Im just healing this guy'*

The other medic can do that, MOVE!

*finally leaves, I take up position covering the enterance and take down two before they get inside*

[ > 30 secs later, marsh is still down, this medic is walking AROUND him! Marsh's timer runs out and then he has to respawn, cause this medic cant realise that wounded people need more attention than uninjured people.]

Even with those 'setbacks' we still manage to take the enemy main and win the game, but only because everyone was going to bed then. 13 kills to 3 at the end of the round, seems some people dont know how to storm a fortified position.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:02   #9
Wiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Even though all the setbacks with two semi-deaf squaddies, that was a good round.
Wiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:14   #10
Alex6714

The rest of the team, or more specifically, the infantry. Its like every time I try to communicate with anyone they ignore me. Starting to think I have a global chat bug or something.

"Any targets, cas is ready"

"Lasing target now"

"rgr, where is the target"

"Lasing target now"

"I cannot engage if I donĀ“t know where, is there aa present"

"LASING TARGET NOW!11!"

*beeeeeep* *BOOM*

"Wtf you suck i lazored target and you crashed noob"

Or the common,

"Where to?"

*Silence*

Or the even better;

"To the Actions!!111!"

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100, list, listening, people, top