project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: Should the kill counter be removed?
Yes 248 14.57%
No 517 30.38%
Only show scores at round end 616 36.19%
Show it, but focus it on squad/team effort 298 17.51%
other (explain) 23 1.35%
Voters: 1702. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Gore's Avatar
Default Remove the kill counter?

Just curiosity.
Gore is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Priby
Supporting Member

Priby's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Alcohol or Drugs?

Edit:
Oh, a poll.
Voted yes because i think too many people play just for the kills.
And this sanction would force them to teamplay or at least would stop them playing just for the kills.

Priby is offline
Last edited by Priby; 03-21-2009 at 02:15 PM..
Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Tim270's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priby View Post
Alcohol or Drugs?

Edit:
Oh, a poll.
Voted yes because i think too many people play just for the kills.
And this sanction would force them to teamplay or at least would stop them playing just for the kills.
And correct me If I am wrong but you need to kill people in this game to win. Although capping flags and destroying assets is needed, the majority of removal of tickets is through killing people. You say people only play to kill people, that is pretty much every FPS I can think of ever.

Instead of stopping people from being able to see how many enemies they have killed and contributed to the team, maybe give more incentives towards teamwork, i.e more points for repairing vehicles at main etc.


This is not going to stop people 'playing for kills', people will just play the same and will still look for their K/D at the end of the round.
Tim270 is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Robbi
Supporting Member

Robbi's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Squad based KDR would change the dynamic sygnificantly too imo....

so make it more squad based points rather than individuals


Robbi is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Agent Parker
Banned
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Quote:
And correct me If I am wrong but you need to kill people in this game to win. Although capping flags and destroying assets is needed, the majority of removal of tickets is through killing people. You say people only play to kill people, that is pretty much every FPS I can think of ever.

Instead of stopping people from being able to see how many enemies they have killed and contributed to the team, maybe give more incentives towards teamwork, i.e more points for repairing vehicles at main etc.


This is not going to stop people 'playing for kills', people will just play the same and will still look for their K/D at the end of the round.
Exactly what I am thinking.
Agent Parker is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
McBumLuv

McBumLuv's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi187 View Post
Squad based KDR would change the dynamic sygnificantly too imo....

so make it more squad based points rather than individuals
I feel the same way. It should be a squad effort, at the very least.

Winning the game is much more than killing. If your team believes that battles are that simplistic, I doubt you'd win many games. Most of the games I've played, I don't have too many kills. When playing in a DM squad, I might play as a specialist rifleman or a medic, both provide unique abilities for the squad (flexibility of squad movement and healing the wounded, respectively), both of which aren't centralized around killing the enemy, but are in many cases more important than the grunts with scopes and grenades who concentrate on room-clearing and killing from further away.

McBumLuv is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
NyteMyre

NyteMyre's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
You say people only play to kill people, that is pretty much every FPS I can think of ever.
Except for America's Army.....I remember a DEV once said that the game/round/map can be played without killing anyone

Anyway,
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's worth the trouble
NyteMyre is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
JohnTheRipper
Banned
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

I only want to see scores at the end because You shouldn't be looking around to see who has the most or that crap you should be focused on leading your squad or being a good squad member.
JohnTheRipper is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Deadfast's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

Yes!

It shouldn't be publicly known how much I suck!
Deadfast is offline
Old 03-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

Threedroogs's Avatar
Default Re: Remove the kill counter?

i would like to see mainly a squad K/D ratio shown at the end of the round.

i would welcome something that prevents me from pulling up the scoreboard every now and again (something i cannot help doing!). that's more time to be looking at the map or checking my surrounds.

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-E3xuQtqI
Threedroogs is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
counter, kill, remove
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2018, Project Reality