project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
snooggums
Default Delay for drivers when entering the driver's seat

I was not able to find a previous suggestion for this on the big previous suggestions thread or with a search for the same idea (there was one for a 1.5 second delay, but not for the reasons I am giving).

I like the delay for vehicle weapons when first entering the gunner's seat/manning a .50 cal because not only does it reduce one manning vehicles it also represents the crewman actually readying the weapon. I would like a similar delay for the driver entering their seat of 5 to 10 seconds for the following reasons.

Reasons to implement the change:

• The driver seat is the only environmental change that is immediate. Bringing out your gun/knife etc has at least a second delay. Starting engines, getting in place/putting on a seatbelt should take a few seconds at a minimum.
• Currently the gunner can instantly switch to the driver's seat allowing the gunner to take over a vehicle that just had it's driver shot out. Shooting out the driver should actually stop the vehicle for at least a few seconds while the crew shuffles around.
• It would penalize one manning even more.
• Driver's are easily able to hop in and out of a vehicle to make the vehicle silent (no engine noise) and so they can listen for enemy vehicles, then jump back in an immediately move. This is unrealistic as the vehicle noise is part of being a driver, and hides an active vehicles location.

Negatives:

• Since some vehicles slide on small slopes hopping in and out of the seat can fix the sliding issue. In most cases this is not done under fire so it could still be done safelywhen setting up an ambush.
• Although I would also like this in Humvees/Technicals I would have the delay shorter, from 3-5 seconds.

My suggested times:
Tank/APC: 10 second delay
All other vehicles (Commtruck/Humvee/boat): 5 second delay

I wouldn't make it Crewman specific since the BRDM is a Humvee equivilent, but I would find that acceptable if needed since the entry method is climbing through a hatch instead of a door. This delay should also be in place for switching from other seats within the same vehicle such as moving from the gunner seat to the driver seat.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
RedWater
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to RedWater Send a message via Skype™ to RedWater
Default Re: Delay for drivers when entering the driver's seat

+1

It makes sense in my eyes, I support this
RedWater is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Tirak

I would assume you meant this one?
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...e-driving.html

While using the search function gives you credit, the base suggestion of putting a delay is the same, the reason about realism and discouraging one man vehicles aside, they are in essence the same suggestion. If you wish to reinforce the suggestion with these reasons, the topic is still open waiting to be necro'd.

Resuggestion,

Please use the Search Function and the ASS List before posting suggestions.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
I would assume you meant this one?

Resuggestion,

Please use the Search Function and the ASS List before posting suggestions.
I did point out that I checked the ASS list and did a search, frankly the search function for the forum is not very effective in my opinion as I found a lot of unrelated items and did not find that thread when searching for driver entering the driver's seat.

I was referring to a completely different thread that did not put a long delay and was not for game play reasons. I did use your link, and found another link in that thread that actually answered the question by noting it causes undesirable side effects. I'm guessing that has not changed so this thread can die.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Cheditor

I can see where your coming from but i think it would make game play pretty bad. As a car is easy to start up, you jump in and ignition, go, and correct me if i'm wrong but why would you bother with a seat belt when your under fire. Fair enough you need to put into gear but i think adding a warming up time would just be silly.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
squeaky024

I doubt anyone would put on a seatbelt in a war zone, considering you may need to leave the vehicle quickly.
squeaky024 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
Kontrollturm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky024 View Post
I doubt anyone would put on a seatbelt in a war zone, considering you may need to leave the vehicle quickly.
Did you ever exited or entered an tank? you cant manage it in 2 seconds without an seatbelt

Car: 1.5s
APC: 4s
Tank 8s

Kontrollturm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

i like the time now its gonna be to easy to drive stop go gun to many gonna sololing an especially on kashan

paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Glimmerman
PR:BF2 Dutch Forces Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Glimmerman Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Glimmerman

indeed makes sense, i agree

[R-DEV]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrollturm View Post
Did you ever exited or entered an tank? you cant manage it in 2 seconds without an seatbelt

Car: 1.5s
APC: 4s
Tank 8s

that sounds reasonable.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
delay, driver, drivers, entering, seat