project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Adetter

Default Survive heli crash?

As shown at another topic,i think u should hav a chance to surivive heli crash.......like when u gets shot by rpg u can start spinning and on real the helis not explodes on that way.........now i cant do it better than u guys,but,this is reality mod,not BF2
Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Default Re: Survive heli crash?

HARDCODED, check previusly asked suggestions

Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Adetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.sta View Post
HARDCODED, check previusly asked suggestions
is it going to be ficksed
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
luckyhendrix

You should have posted that in the previous post on helo, rather than doing your own.
And I don't think it's possible to render tail rotor fail in BF2 engine. And having all helo crahsing in a spin would be quite silly.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Adetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyhendrix View Post
You should have posted that in the previous post on helo, rather than doing your own.
And I don't think it's possible to render tail rotor fail in BF2 engine. And having all helo crahsing in a spin would be quite silly.
What about that you loose much control instead of falling 30 feets straight down!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't think the spin is hardcoded, it only works on local servers iirc.
Better post in the other thread though.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
Adetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriaan View Post
I don't think the spin is hardcoded, it only works on local servers iirc.
Better post in the other thread though.
Is it some other way to get a crash instead of falling 30 feets down then?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
[R-COM]H.sta
Norwegian Faction Lead
Supporting Member

I stand corrected, last time i saw this the Devs said it was hardcoded, but anyway; check this out

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ion-video.html

Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Its not possible with the netcode(what I have understood) bf2 uses as it will happen on local servers just try it. To fix it you need to aquire some millions to buy a license from vbf2 so you can edit the sourcecode to bf2, but without a license thats against EA's EULA and then also against the copyright laws If you realease something with an edited sourcecode you will get sued until you have nothing left.

As a tip Adetter norwegian to norwegian: if you want to suggest something it should be more about code fixes and gameplay mechanics, not something thats common on the real life battlefield as the Dev team has like a bunch of people who has served in afghanistan, maybe Iraq, Kosovo and most places where US/UK forces has been in the latest years. So the Devs have the backing from people who know their jobs pretty well.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
Sniperdog
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Alright I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about this video
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ion-video.html

Quote:
I don't think the issue here is if you can actually render a tail failure as I think there are certain ways you can get around this. As you know when you are in a tank and you get heavily damaged you can still be alive while having limited movement ability. In that situation the controls have been limited with respect to damage sustained. Now I think what would work is doing something similar to that with the helicopter except with the flight controls instead of strictly the power setting. I think a crash could look something like this.

To begin with the helo has 3000 hp and when it has passed 1000hp it is in a critical state and loses health until it hits 3000 and is destroyed.

Yaw control: At 800 a moderate tendency for the helicopter to rotate opposite the direction of the main rotor is felt. This continues to grow until all yaw control is lost at about 1300 health.
Main rotor Thrust: Thrust begins to drop at 1000 (right at the critical point) and it continues to drop until it is completely gone at about 2200. (At which point it should be at the ground or about to hit)
Pitch and Roll control: Begin to become less responsive at 1300, until a complete loss of control is experienced at about 2000 (because this control is tied in with the main rotor).

So basically this is what someone watching would see:

The helo gets hit, it begins to rotate slightly in one direction. After a second or two it begins to rotate a bit more and start losing altitude. It then proceeds to rotate uncontrollable while dropping progressively faster. After about 6-7 seconds the chopper should be on the ground and the crew will have a few seconds to bail out before the helo explodes if it has not already done so upon impact with the ground.

Factors such as how far past the critical point the damage is pushed to with the initial shot, how high the helo is off the ground to begin with, and the pilots flight experience will influence the chance of the crew/passengers making it out alive.

PS. I know that not all helo crashes are the same and certainly that not all of them result in a tail rotor failure, but I don't think it is possible to make it selective unless of course controls can be limited in relation to where the vechicle is hit. I know there is a remote chance this is possible as a tank being hit in different spots may result in different amounts of damage being dolled out but I doubt this could be connected to control of the vehicle.

The big question here as to whether this could work or not is whether control of the aircraft can change in relation to the amount of damage the vehicle as sustained. It would be nice if a dev could answer both if that is possible and how it is done with tanks that are damaged and become dysfunctional.
Closed Thread

Tags
crash, heli, survive