project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Should the head shots kill
Yes 414 93.24%
No 30 6.76%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
SocketMan

Default Should the Head shots kill ?

I am curious % wise what people think about this.This is an opinions poll only.
So the question is:
In the future releases of PR do you want/think that:

head shots should kill instantly (Yes)

keep it the way it is in 0.85 (No)
Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
amazing_retard
Default Re: Should the Head shots kill ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocketMan View Post
I am curious % wise what people think about this.This is an opinions poll only.
So the question is:
In the future releases of PR do you want/think that:

head shots should kill instantly (Yes)

keep it the way it is in 0.85 (No)
tbh with all the medic whoring and revive spam that is going on, I started to think twice before playing insurgents. I kill a guy and a minute later a medic revives the body after running across the whole map TO GET THAT ONE GUY.
So really head shots should kill, and in IRL there is little a medic can do to treat a gunshot wound to the head....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
Anderson29
Supporting Member

well, with this mod being called project Reality.... the obvious answer should be.........what?

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Engineer

Hasn't this been discussed many times already?

Realistically speaking, it depends where you hit in the head. It's not like in a movies that your brain flies out instantly... In games, the headshots have usually been lethal because its cool and stuff like that, makes you pwn, you know.

If we think outside the box, would you really aim for an opponent body or head? That tiny little target with helmet on and bullseye in the middle.. Or would you just aim towards the body/largest visible part knowing that the odds of actually hitting the target are on your side?

So the answer to your question is probably, but because there is not such option, I answer yes. But I dont really know, or cant decide. I dont have problem with the current system, actually I like that there are more men available to be revived back to fight. Makes things a little bit harder... But for a sniper of somesort, it could be frustrating to realise things arent going like in that sniper movie, Shooter.
Last edited by Engineer; 02-27-2009 at 01:09 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #5
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

How about we just vote and not post. There are enough threads on this already.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
Ghost1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_retard View Post
and in IRL there is little a medic can do to treat a gunshot wound to the head....
Have you tried rubbing their necks with aloe vera?

Anyway I'd like headshot kills to be limited to large weapons (.50 cal and greater) and precision weapons meant to eliminate targets at extreme range (sniper rifles). Because this isn't an option in the poll I thought I would elaborate.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #7
D-JHappyMeal
Banned

Well i think that PR should be as realistic as possible, so if you can get a headshot with a pistol, it would kill the dawg in RL wouldnt it?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

@engineer: you may not necessarily die from a small arms shot to the head but 75% of the time yes, 10% severe brain trauma, 5% you miraculously survive but lose a certain body function (eg. if you shot yourself through the temples if you happaned to have missed the brain but severe the optic nerve, blindness.) 5% it missed everything and you make a full recovery.

However in the last case i pointed out the man would be out for the count, no amount of field work will bring this man back into the fight for at least a 2 months, for all the other ones he'd be out period.

so all in all any of these outcomes would result in the virtual representation of death + respawn. they should in no way be able to be revived by a field medic under any circumstances. the only realistic way for the player not to die would be if you drag him back to a main base then have him choppered back home where the player will be stuck in a hospital map for the next year everytime he accesses PR, undergoing surgery, physical therapy.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #9
Engineer

I understand, but you would probably face the same consequences with any large caliber hit on your body, leg, arms.. It's not like "You'll live buddy, even though you've lost your leg! Now get back to the fight!"
Old 02-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

You should be in the wounded screen if you get hit anywhere this would make people stop aiming for the head only if you know you can put your enemy down with one shot to the chest and he needs to be revived head shots wont be common because its easier to down a man with a body shot rather then trying to hit his head with the first shot.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Closed Thread

Tags
head, kill, shots