project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42
Default Area Attacks, what's the score?

So, like, are they buggy and known about? Or are they just not supposed to become active for the majority of a map? Or are the map-loading screens just REALLY out of date and the mortar / arty strikes have been removed from these maps and no-one updated the loading screen graphics? What are the conditions on which they become active, because I'm spent ages looking at the commander's screen not to see the button start "charging" to indicate they're ready... Does it require X firebases are up to start charging? Or the enemy be down to X tickets?
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
RedWater
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to RedWater Send a message via Skype™ to RedWater
Default Re: Area Attacks, what's the score?

A Squadleader needs to request an Area-Attack when its finished...if hes requesting an area-attack you will see a symbol on the map which you need to confirm with right-click and then everythings goes BOOOM
RedWater is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWater View Post
A Squadleader needs to request an Area-Attack when its finished...if hes requesting an area-attack you will see a symbol on the map which you need to confirm with right-click and then everythings goes BOOOM
I know that, but it doesn't WORK... The "button" you'd click in BF2 *doesn't charge up*, so when people are requesting it, you respond with "affirmative" and NOTHING HAPPENS... My point is, is it just bust, or are the map details just wrong, or are the other conditions we're not aware of that need to be fulfilled before it starts charging?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

takes 1hr to charge an Area Attack
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Olsson View Post
takes 1hr to charge an Area Attack
JDAMs, yes. Arty's timer is 30 mins, mortar strikes 15 mins, according to the manual. So, does this mean a commander has to twiddle his thumbs for ONE THIRD OF A GAME (most games last for 3 hours or so, give or take, and many even have a timer set to about that) before area attacks come to life, and then he gets them every 15 mins, 30 mins, hour? Or does this mean that if any commander signs on after an hour, they'll charge up within 15, 30, 60 minutes and the game's just bust? Or what?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
cyberzomby

It just means that when you sign up it takes that long to charge 'm and than charge again after use.

if im right
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
It just means that when you sign up it takes that long to charge 'm and than charge again after use.

if im right
Well, as I said, I've not had the area attacks come active after 15/30 mins of commanding, so unless there's secret conditions I've not been told about that need to be fulfilled, or unless the "charging bar" animation's been broken so that it doesn't correctly show progress, or unless the maps I've played on have misleading information about Area Attack availability, there's something seriously wrong...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

They all take an hour IIRC; the manual's wrong.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
Thermis
Retired PR Developer

Don't take this the wrong I just need to make sure I understand what your getting at. You do understand that when a SL calls for a area attack you approve it my clicking on the map correct?
Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
They all take an hour IIRC; the manual's wrong.
That's pretty sucky, so they get used like twice over the course of a map assuming the commander's on from the start and can drop one as soon as it's active? Blah...

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong I just need to make sure I understand what your getting at. You do understand that when a SL calls for a area attack you approve it my clicking on the map correct?
Yes, I know that. But the "progress" bar on the button doesn't go up, even over the course of an hour, so it's impossible to tell how close stuff is to being ready...

Tags
area, attacks, score