project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default What will eventually replace the Little Bird?

So, since the little bird is used only by SFOD-D, what will eventually replace the LB, in all rolls? AFAIK, the US Army uses the UH-60, which used to be on now-Army maps like Qwai, before they were replaced by more little birds.

A larger chopper will be kinda harder to use, limiting the spaces you can make a drop at on some of the tighter maps. Not a bad thing, but it is a thing.

So yeah, is the UH-60 making a come back once it's properly modeled, or is there something else they use?

I know the Kiowa is used as a recon and direct fire support chopper, but they're not produced since 1989 if I'm not mistaken. They *were* deployed over in Iraq and Afghanistan. I figure that will replace the Little Bird support once it's modeled and stuff, but I might be wrong.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: What will eventually replace the Little Bird?

Perhaps they would use LBs in jungle warfare still?

I think the main obstacle to putting UH-60s in in larger numbers is the miniguns. as soon as m240s are put on it will be awesome.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
Colonelcool125

There's a wonderful model of the Kiowa at some other BSS mod (USI?). If we're going for realism, nothing will directly replace the little bird. The Kiowa can provide the recon and light attack support, but AFAIK there is no light troop transport being used by the bulk of US forces.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #4
Snazz
Supporting Member

UH-72A Lakota perhaps?

Army unveils Light Utility Helicopter UH-72A Lakota
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Solid Knight

So the premises is that SFOD-D would never show up in the battle of Qwai? Army never mixes forces for a major battle?
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

That little chopper above is actually very cute.

But it wont be so cute when we strap some guns to it....

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
Blakeman

For the USMC, just replace every two LBs with one huey and call it done.
Blakeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

awww... i dnt think the marines use any more choppers than Huey, Sea sparrow or the seahawk(blackhawk whit navy sing =P)so i think they should just get rid of the littlebird, replace whit huey as a new light chopper, and add in the seahawk or sea sparrow as heawy transport choppers

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
So, since the little bird is used only by SFOD-D
Bzzt! 160th SOAR, not SFOD-D, who may or may not have had at one time their own aviation platoon / assets.

UH-72 Lakota is for CONUS use only. The replacement for the Kiowa, the ARH-70 Arapaho, has been canceled, so the Kiowa will likely be staying in the fleet until they all fall apart.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
DeltaFart

Proabably a reason for that they work!
yes the SOCOM community air support for the really special groups like Delta Force use the 160th SOAR, they're the guys who you saw shot down in BHD, so basically Ramiel if it is a Mogadishu type map, should have all Spec Op kits for the US
BTW what is CONUS?
Wait scratch taht
Continental US

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, eventually, replace